New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sirs, need your help on this one. My lite ace stalled yesterday, it starts just fine kaya lang whenever you step on the accelerator namamatay na. At first i thought nalulunod yata baka mahina kuryente and i just changed the ignition coil last month but this van has traveled to Quezon after that w/o any hiccups kaya baka hindi rin idk i might be wrong.
    Im just wondering why it starts and idles just fine pero pag tapak ng gas namamatay. Thanks your input is highly appreciated( btw checked the spark plugs at di naman basa ng gas).

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bongski214 View Post
    Sirs, need your help on this one. My lite ace stalled yesterday, it starts just fine kaya lang whenever you step on the accelerator namamatay na. At first i thought nalulunod yata baka mahina kuryente and i just changed the ignition coil last month but this van has traveled to Quezon after that w/o any hiccups kaya baka hindi rin idk i might be wrong.
    Im just wondering why it starts and idles just fine pero pag tapak ng gas namamatay. Thanks your input is highly appreciated( btw checked the spark plugs at di naman basa ng gas).
    please identify your engine size and family. identify the type of ignition:
    1. points type
    2. electronic distributor type
    3. distributorless multi coil pack
    4. coil on plug

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    5k engine 1.5 po ng toyota, point type.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    5k engine 1.5 po ng toyota, point type.

have the points dwell checked. dwell should be around 52 degrees (360 degrees divided by 4 cylinders times 58 up to 60 percent). check the condition of the points for pitting and the the spring, the points might "float" at higher rpm. with that, check for the centrifugal and the vacuum advancer for proper operation

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hmmm i dont know anybody here who has a dwell meter, anyway whats the proper gap of the contact point if i use the feeler gauge sir? I'll be tinkering w/ this this coming weekend, will be cleaning out the carb too for whatever its worth, baka matsambahan it wont hurt naman.
    Thanks, love this van a valuable grocery hauler and does everything what our jazz cant and i dont get a frown from my wife whenever i tinker w/ the engine.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hmmm i dont know anybody here who has a dwell meter, anyway whats the proper gap of the contact point if i use the feeler gauge sir? I'll be tinkering w/ this this coming weekend, will be cleaning out the carb too for whatever its worth, baka matsambahan it wont hurt naman.
    Thanks, love this van a valuable grocery hauler and does everything what our jazz cant and i dont get a frown from my wife whenever i tinker w/ the engine.

hmmm! that's been that long i did points type ignition during the mid seventies. i don't have the information in my software for that engine. if i'm not mistaken, it is around 0.020 in. (twenty thousandths of an inch)

Clogged Carb kaya?