New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    kaya pala kinakalawang muffler ko may tubig pala sa loob. ngayon tuluyan ng nagkabutas lagi nalang tumutulo every time galing sa biyahe. siguro mga kalahating tasa palagi. san po yun nangagaling?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    For Chrysler, Plymouth, jeep and Dodge the muffler is pre-driiled to drain moisture inside to reduce the chance of corrosion. I drill my mufflers too on all cars

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    baka walang flexible tube sa ilalim kaya naiipon ung tubig sa muffler

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    baka walang flexible tube sa ilalim kaya naiipon ung tubig sa muffler
    a flexible tube wouldn't help drain that condensed water vapor out.. water vapor condenses into liquid water throughout the long length of the exhaust system, including the deeper muffler body..
    anyway, it takes years to rust thru the exhaust system... my 13 year old car didn't have a rusted-thru exhaust system when i sold her.. long drives help avert rust in exhaust systems..
    besides, have you seen the cost of a metal flexible tube lately? it's lovely.. i would rather use the money on welding repair of the exhaust system..

i did think of drilling holes on the underside of my muffler body, but decided against it. i thought drilling would only accelerate rusting, because it would expose bare metal (the sides of the holes) to water.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 31st, 2015 at 01:54 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    ano pong sasakyan?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Lahat ng sasakyan na gumagamit ng fossil fuels. Hydrocarbon (HC) + oxygen (O2) = Carbon dioxide (CO2) and water(H2O). You probably were taught that in high school