New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi mga master,

Ask ko lang is it true na kapag namatayan ka ng car dapat patayin mo aircon mo bago ka mag-start? Yan kasi sabi ng nagtuturo sa akin magdrive eh. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sa older cars, yeah.

Theoretically, there should be no problem kahit naka-on pa sya pag nag-start ka.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    personally, yes it's a good practice though sa mga newer cars and with tip top battery condition kahit hindi na.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *Horsepower

when you say older cars you mean model lower than 2000? Anu possible na masira kung ganun lagi mong gagawin?

Regards

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I think the relays would be damaged, yes it's a good practice to shut all aircon and radio before starting your engine if it stalls.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The practice is done because of two things that has plagued older-modeled cars:

1. You'd want all battery power directed towards the starter motor. Having the A/C turned on, some battery power goes to the evaporator and condenser blowers, as well as the A/C magnetic clutch

2. With the A/C magnetic clutch engaged, the starter will need to turn it as well which introduces added load to the starter.

Most of these problems have been taken cared of in newer vehicles that uses Engine Control Modules (ECM). Even with the A/C turned on, the ECM would retard engagement of the A/C clutch until after the engine has been running for a few seconds (2-second delay on my Civic). I believe that our previous car, a '92 Sentra ECCS also have this feature.

But if you ask me, I turn off the A/C just the same before starting the engine. Nakasanayan ko lang.
    Last edited by oj88; May 25th, 2009 at 06:44 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    its a good practice to turn off all electrical e.g a/c, radio, headlight, parklight before starting the engine even if your car is old or new.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    yes. in case na hindi kaagad mag start kotse mo (for some problems maybe) eh ma prereserve ang power na battery mo at concentrated ito sa pag start.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    yes. in case na hindi kaagad mag start kotse mo (for some problems maybe) eh ma prereserve ang power na battery mo at concentrated ito sa pag start.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yeah, old habits die hard. Kaya practice ko rin ito.

Pero yun nga, theoretically with new cars, it's not an issue since the ECU controls everything and would make sure you get the starting power... it even will shut off everything to make sure you have starting power in case you forgot to turn some accessories off (i.e. you have shut down the engine already and forgot to turn off say your radio or lights).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Is this true?