New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005

On the left is the new PINK coolant, on the right the old RED coolant.

What's with the new pink coolant? Can I use it on my old Corolla (red coolant is currently installed)? The red coolant isn't available anymore...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    pareho lang yan a coolant is a coolant just follow the instructions on the label and you will be fine read if its a premix or you have to mix with h20

gamit ko nga yung gamit ng mga jeepney prestone heheheh

3. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    hey ngayon ko lang pinansin ang images na post mo

i think the one on the left is a premix and the one on the right is concentrate

so pareho nga lang yan

pero bakit may anti freez? kelan ba ang winter dito sa pinas? :D heheh

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    One is "super" while the other is not. My guess is that the "super" is something similar to DEXCOOL (organic acid tech), and since I've read many horror stories on dexcool I'm a bit wary to use the new PINK coolant because I'm coming from the RED coolant...
    Last edited by Psylocke; April 24th, 2005 at 12:00 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    AFAIK, yung sa left is pre mixed meaning you just pour all the contents into the radiator, yung on the right naman, you have to dilute with water. But basically they're just made of the same ingredients. Read the instructions carefully na lang, but if it's similar to Dexcool, avoid it like the plague.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    They're not the same. The PINK coolant is an "extended life" coolant that uses organic acids (like DEXCOOL). The RED coolant is a "conventional" coolant (2 year life).

It has always been said not to use DEXCOOL-type coolants on vehicles that didn't come with it from the factory.

The PINK coolant should be OK for new vehicles that came prefilled with it. But what about pre-2004 Toyotas? I'm not very sure about compatibility because the pink coolant isn't really exactly DEXCOOL...

The label is not helpful at all.

I guess I'll just return the PINK coolant and find red somewhere...
    Last edited by Psylocke; April 24th, 2005 at 02:46 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why not try other brands like GlycoShell or Caltex or Castrol, etc.? pareparehong coolant lang naman mga yan.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    AFAIK toyota vehicles need toyota coolants. unlike others na pwede lang any brand. and d daw pwede i mix toyota coolant with ohter coolants. anybody from toyota here please clarify.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    i used mitsubishi premix coolant on our lc80. from red to green. that was a year ago. no problems so far. :car:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB
    AFAIK toyota vehicles need toyota coolants. unlike others na pwede lang any brand. and d daw pwede i mix toyota coolant with ohter coolants. anybody from toyota here please clarify.
    what will happen if non-toyota coolant was used on toyota engines?
    Signature

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Toyota Red vs Pink Coolant...