New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i've posted this problem before, but i have new info. i suffer from hesitation (which is what i think you guys call "tope") between 2000 and 3500 rpm.

basically, once the engine reaches that speed (and i have to be moving) it hesitates / coughs / whatever. if the speed exceeds 3500rpm, nawawala ulit :confused:

also the problem doesn't appear at neutral, even when revving the engine.

i have cleaned the MAF, and i have new spark plugs.

the new info i have is, when one of the ignition wires is removed while the engine is running (any one) at idle, the EXACT same sound i get at 2000-3500rpm appears.. hmm...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Then its misfire. Have the hi-tension wires checked. Better have the timing checked too while you're at it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    spark plug gap perhaps...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka nga sa HT wires, baka may small cracks na yan.

Test mo HT wires mo in a very dark place (your garage with all the lights off) then rev the engine. observe the HT wires kung meron sparks, kapag meron ibig sabihin may cracks na yan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    several things actually, some ECU's alter timing based on coolant temperature as well... So check your coolant ratio as well...

if you have had you're timing belt changed receintly, baka di tama yung pagkakabit ng belt at di naka TDC

tope / detonation