New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A few weeks back, nag-skip ang T-Belt ko and tumirik ako, but this happened while papa-arangkada pa lang ako. So nagpalit ako ng T-Belt and everything turned out okay except that umingay and valves ko.

I had my valves checked and had it adjusted pero nandun pa din yung ingay, sabi eh may singaw yung tatlong intake valve.

In short, top overhaul at kailangan pa daw ipa machine-shop.

I've made some computation and if I will have my engine top-overhauled aabutin ako ng approximately 17K-20K inclusive of everything, this is assuming na papalitan lahat ng valve, valve guide, and valve seal

Naisip ko lang, bakit di na lang kaya ako maghanap ng suplus na cylinder head ng 4G92 SOHC for GLXi 97 tapos isalpak ko sa engine ko, pwede ba ito? Would this be a wise option?

TIA for your reply.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gagastos karin kasi kung bumili ka ng cylinder head na surplus, hindi mo naman kasi sure kung ayus pa yug mga nasa loob nun eh.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good thing hindi nag untugan ang piston mo at barbula. :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    falken,

yup, yan din nasa isip ko eh, baka may tama din yung makuha ko.

Pajerokid,

Fortunately, di naman na-apektuhan yung mga piston, tatlong intake valve medyo may singaw, di na makuha sa adjust.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i pa bukas mo muna head mo and them make the computations. you dont need to buy the whole set of valves. kung tatlo lang ang damaged then you can buy three pieces lang na surplus. ang importante is that the mechanic know what he is doing. he will just grind it well so that the valves will surely be shut when they are supposed to. pag mag top overhaul you need pa new head cylinder gasket, not counting ma change oil ka pa, oil filter aside from the parts you listed.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ARB,

thanks for the reply, yup di naman kailangan bilihin yung whole set, I was just thinking kung kakasya sa budget, why not buy a whole new set na lang para isang palit agad.

Thanks again.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i had the same scenario before, pinili ko top overhaul na option. kasi hindi ko alam kung ano condition ng surplus na cylinder head.

mas mura yun option na buying a surplus, pero hindi naman ako sisi sa pagpapa top overhaul ko, kasi halos balik sa dati yun takbo ng sasakyan ko.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hey Guys. I have similar problem with my corolla gl. Late last year, i had my engine top overhauled--grind valve, change valve guide and valve seal i changed also the timing belt. Unfortuntely, themechanic i hired was not so familiar with the adjustment. He didnt recommend that the shims will be changed also. Hence, the valves are noisy. I am planning to change the cylider head altogether so as not to make the work tedious.My question is: which is more economical, change the cylider head or another top overhaul? BTW, do you have any idea how much is the cost of a whole cylinder head assembly.

Thanks in advance.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung aabutin ka din ng 20k para sa mga cylinders, mag engine swap ka nalang. 4age costs around 15-20k with papers, afaik
    Last edited by ssaloon; April 18th, 2005 at 04:58 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My mechanic friend saw a whole cylinder head assembly for a Lancer 1997 model at Kapalangan, Pampanga and he was quoted 10K for the whole thing.

So siguro mas mababa yung para sa oto mo since it's an older model.

Just to give you an idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Overhaul