New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    to all tint masters :

pls give me advice on tint replacement.. medyo madilim kc ung existing tint ko now.. i want to have it replaced sana.. kya lang last time i saw a taxi with peeled-off tint mdyo pangit kc me mga glue(?) residue pang naiwan sa shields.. my questions are:

1. pgpina-replace ko ba ung tint ko.. malinis ba ung outcome? i dont want ung mdyo dudumi ung shields..

2. any recommended shops sa evangelista or with proximity to makati / pasig area?

3. how much kaya estimated cost for this?

thanks in advance to all of u!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no idea in a place in makati where they do that. pero of course, depende yung outcome sa pulido gumawa ng tinter.

if such is the case, after peeling the old tints off, have your shields detailed or cleaned thoroughly before application of the new tints.

for the cost, it all depends on the brand of tints used and the actual labor costs. may natanungan ako sa alabang two weeks ago because i was planning to have my ride re-tinted to a darker one. ang estimate is 5000.00 all in... medyo mahal. tints to be used are sunguards super dark.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    What are good tints aside from 3m?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by maop99
    What are good tints aside from 3m?

related thread to that query...

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11889

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may tint shop sa may malugay, malapit sa riles papuntang osmeña. may tinting room pa sila. forgot the name of the shop though.
    Last edited by ssaloon; April 5th, 2005 at 09:34 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In Makati, try going to Carland along Malugay (near the PNR tracks). They have 3M tints and others options.

For a 1600 sedan, 3M Panther medium will cost around 3K more or less when i checked before (this was in Banawe).

On the cleanliness, it boils down to the skill of the tint guy...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    2. any recommended shops sa evangelista or with proximity to makati / pasig area?

you can try karplus in buendia.

3. how much kaya estimated cost for this?

depends on the tint whether scratchproof or not usually between 1.5-3k.

also, when you get your tints replaced, they will automatically clean and remove the adhesives from your old tint. its SOP.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    thanks to all.. mdyo ndaan ko last friday night ung area dun sa my malugay kya im more familiar with it. ung karplus po ba san banda sa buendia? papa-quote muna ko then il go for the best and cheaper one...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    im not sure if its the same place (malugay) i think it is... basta its the parallel street next to buendia. near the highway. karplus is one of the auto shops there.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    karplus is along malugay st. (parallel to buendia). but IMO, mahal sa karplus. maybe sa quality of their work or baka mahal lang talaga. the tinting room ssaloon is referring is the L.A. Daytona shop. i had my tints installed there. ok naman. medyo nahirapan lang silang tanggalin tint ko nun, because my tint is so old na. malinis gumawa. tinting room is airconditioned. may libreng drinks pa! hehe im contemplating to had my front windshield by them but i have no idea how I can remove my lto sticker..any ideas?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
tint replacement