New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I changed my timing belt somewhere around the 75K reading with a replacement part (not orig). When we had the chance to open the valve cover the mechanic noticed some play in the timing belt.

My question is, is this something that I should consider fixing? Should I get rid of the replacement after 20+K. My current odometer reading is at 97K.

Some other details Mazda 97, 1.6, DOHC,

Help... :confused:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    since the T-Belt is 20K+ old only, kung okay pa yung condition ng timing belt, like walang punit, or walang bungi yung ngipin ng belt, then pwede pa i-adjust lang ang tension nyan instead of buying a new one.

sayang naman kapapalit mo lang eh.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    tensioner adjustment........

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Thanks all,

I'll try to visit my suking workshop to get that done, pansin ko kasi parang me drag if I try to accelerate but not all the time.

Which comes to my newly hatched question, recently I noticed the "drag" on acceleration when the A/C is on. Malamig pa naman yung A/C but over due na for cleaning. Although I doubt if the A/C is the problem.

The idling is very low when I have the A/C on. What is wrong with the car?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    The idling is very low when I have the A/C on. What is wrong with the car?

have you checked the AC vacuum switching valve?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tiny...

our mazda 323s are known for having some idling problems...

my worst experience is that the idling would drop to 0 and the engine would stall everytime you place the tranny to neutral.

it might be due to the following causes:
    - dirty throttle body
    - dirty air filter
    - dirty air sensor

though for me, it seems that too much fuel was being injected as i can clearly smell gasoline coming from the exhaust. i kinda remedied that with an fuel pressure regulator. then, had it tuned-up at ford on my 60K PMS (it is now at 70K) - the idling would drop but the engine would not stall. though this only happens during the evenings... really weird...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Thanks for the reply.

MazdaMazda,

Which shop sells one (fuel pressure regulator), I asked around and no one knows one for Mazda, for honda lang daw and 3Kphp pa.

I'll be using some sort of fluid to clean the injector first though since this will only cost me a 100php a pop.

Doc Eric,

The AC vacuum switching valve is the one that makes the idle go higher from time to time right? It still does work.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Have you checked the idling adjustment screw? It might be totally closed- turn it 1 turn and see if idling increases.

Should idle at the 1k rpm mark with aircon compressor on and about 800rpm wout aircon.

Timing Belt Stretch