New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi,i would like to ask if somebody knows the correcy adjustment sa timing 99 city type z? ginalaw kasi distributor,do you know someone or a shop that can help me?tnx in advance..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir, pls. look under the hood for a sticker label. this should mention the tune up specs. for your engine,i.e spark plug gap, ignition timing ,etc. unless napinturahan na yun part ng hood na yun...once you have this info. you'll need a timing light to effect the correct timing for your engine. HTH

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    tnx bro,i was looking for it sa manual no mention about it..

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    checked under the hood,instructions lang for replacing coolant

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    timing is 12 +/- 2deg BTDC. we have the same make and model of cars sir, 99honda city type z.

here's my question: what electrical/computer part in particular are you going to disconnect when you check the engine timing with a timing light?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im not sure about the honda,but if your engine still uses a high tension wire and a distributor,you just need to attach the pick up clamps of the timing light to the nos. 1 wire ( the one goes that goes to the nos. 1 cylinder.which is usually the the one nearest to the water pump)but the wires are usually labelled 1,2,3,4 so madaling makita kung san ang nos. 1. if theres no spark plug cable,( parang un mga coil on plug types ,na may coil sa bawat spark plug at wala ng distributor),i suggest you bring to a reputable shop para iset nila ang timing.sorry if i can't be of more help.
    oh and if its not under the hood, did you check the valve cover, or the fire wall for the tune specs. label? but lancer5790 already provided that detail so, just take note of it in your owners manual.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer5790 View Post
    timing is 12 +/- 2deg BTDC. we have the same make and model of cars sir, 99honda city type z.

here's my question: what electrical/computer part in particular are you going to disconnect when you check the engine timing with a timing light?

disconnect the TPS prior adjustment of engine timing

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    disconnect the TPS prior adjustment of engine timing
    sorry for my ignorance sir, but what is TPS and where is it located in the engine?

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    thanks lancer5790,mine is the esi model......plus 1,whats tps? to all those who replied,maraming salamat!!!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    thanks lancer5790,mine is the esi model......plus 1,whats tps? to all those who replied,maraming salamat!!!
    curious lang, DIY lang ba ginawa mo sir pag-check ng timing? i usually do that with my vanet (using timimng light).i just unplug the advancer hose then close it para steady yung mark. but with the honda i dont know how to do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
timing