New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    For the Spark Plug It says 19.6 - 29.4 N-m (2.0 - 3.0 kg-m, 15 - 21 lb ft). How many revolutions is this? Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    you need a torque wrench

Ok... thanks. Any other alternative? Maybe I can measure it by "feel"?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    yup, pwede tantsahan.

i work with car manufacturing before. ang standard, we use click torque wrench for all fasteners. kung wala kang gamit (click wrench or dial torque wrench) tantsahin mo na lang. when you feel na kumagat na yung last thread nya (using a wrench ha, not a hand tight), ipihit mo pa ng about 15 degrees. pwede na yun.

pag sparkplugs, ilan degrees after you hand tight it? In caltex MIA they use a machine (don't know what its called) to tighten the sparkplugs so I can't see how many degrees. Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you really need to check or replace the sparkplug yourself, I suggest to invest on a good torque wrench. Marami pa namang ibang gamit ito beside the sparkplug replacement. Warning, madaling ma-loose thread ang aluminum cylinder head.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    kung geographically near lang tayo, pahiramin kita. but i live in the northmost part of M.M.(and i think south ka).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Suggest ko din torque wrench. O kaya avoid overtorquing na lang. Medyo critical area iyang kabitan ng spark plug. Kapag nagkamali ka diyan, nakupow!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

How much would a good torque wrench cost? Any shops you can suggest where I can buy this? Brands?

If you really need to check or replace the sparkplug yourself, I suggest to invest on a good torque wrench. Marami pa namang ibang gamit ito beside the sparkplug replacement.
    Yup am planning to replace the plugs by myself, pag sa caltex its 500 for the service and di sila gumagamit ng torque wrench by feel din. Sayang din yung 500. I just got hold of a detailed e-manual for my car, so I planning to do some of the maintenance myself.

Warning, madaling ma-loose thread ang aluminum cylinder head.
    mmm... eto ba yung kabitan ng sparkplugs? Thats why am inquiring so that I can prevent or minimize mistakes.

kung geographically near lang tayo, pahiramin kita. but i live in the northmost part of M.M.(and i think south ka).
    Where did you get your torque wrench?

Thanks for the replies

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    pag sparkplugs, ilan degrees after you hand tight it? In caltex MIA they use a machine (don't know what its called) to tighten the sparkplugs so I can't see how many degrees. Thanks.
    may be they use pnuematic or electric power tool to do the job.

use your wrench or special tool na meron ka in tightening the sparkplug. when you feel na lumalaban na yung spark plug thread sa cylinder head (using your tool not just a hand tight), just add 15 degrees turn. same thing applies sa mabababang torque na fasteners. pag higher than 30Nm nagdadagdag na ko ng ilang degrees pa to meet the torque requirement.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Tightening Torque - How do I measure this?