New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    hello sa lahat!

i've been bothered by the light knocking sound on the engine of my gas fed Fiat Uno for some time now. the noise would just come out a few minutes after warm up and stays there the whole time till i shut off the engine after the ride. there are no changes in terms of performance on the engine that i notice. could it be valve/tappet clearance?

i hope you could me out guys. with the skyrocketing prices of gas today, definitely my 1.0L Uno is worth keeping...

tia

FIATotoy

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    valve tapped adjustment malang yan.

to be sure remove mo yung valve cover, to see if the racker arms and cam shaft is not out of place, and starts to grind the cam shaft seats, or the racker arms came in contact with the cylinder head na.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    thanks a lot Mojo!

i'll check it out asap...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    hello again,

been to a mechanic lately and found out na out of specs na yun valve clearances. the mechanic tried to interchange yun mga shims/adjustment discs pero maninipis na lahat so no choice but to buy new ones. checked my supplier pero out of stock daw. my question po is it really okay to use the car given its condition? as per the mechanics advise okay lang daw but a second opinion from all you genuises out there would definitely give a piece of mind.

in advance

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    other than poor fuel economy and low power, plus a considerable chance of burning your valves...sure go right ahead use it.

such are the reasons why honda engines are always tuned. dunno about our fiat though.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FIATotoy
    hello again,

been to a mechanic lately and found out na out of specs na yun valve clearances. the mechanic tried to interchange yun mga shims/adjustment discs pero maninipis na lahat so no choice but to buy new ones. checked my supplier pero out of stock daw. my question po is it really okay to use the car given its condition? as per the mechanics advise okay lang daw but a second opinion from all you genuises out there would definitely give a piece of mind.

in advance
    maynabibili naman shims sheet sa banawe different thickness,just cut it to desired shape

tic-tic sound