New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hi people, could someone please help me. my 323 familia makes a thudding sound whenever its in forward motion. the faster i go, the faster it gets. (kasabay ng paggulong?) i inspected everything in the front undercarriage (the sound looks like its coming from the front left side) and i can't find anything out of place, the mechanics can't too. i even jacked the car up and rotated the left front wheel, nothing suspicious. unbalanced tires? cv joint? halfshaft problem? what bugs me is that when i brought it to cruven, the sound disappeared, grrrr. but its back now.

im worried that it may be dangerous. i have this nightmare that when im driving the wheel suddenly flies off..help naman

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Try to check the front bearings. Sealed type yang mga yan pero baka sira na din. Ano ba model ng famila mo? nakakairita talaga pag may mga tumutunog-tunog na di mo mahanap lalo na pag sa may gulong. Feeling mo baka bigla na lang matanggal gulong mo.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    thanks sir for the reply.
    oo nga sir, kakatakot na nakakinis. pano po chine-check yung bearings?
    btw, its a 96 mazda familia (yung may ABS)

any more helpful suggestions?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hitomi View Post
    thanks sir for the reply.
    oo nga sir, kakatakot na nakakinis. pano po chine-check yung bearings?
    btw, its a 96 mazda familia (yung may ABS)

any more helpful suggestions?
    Jack mo sia then hawakan mo yung mga gulong sa top and bottom niya. Then alugin mo siya, pag may play ibig sabihin may tama na yang bearing mo. Pa check mo na sa mechanik mo, then sabihin mo na may duda ka baka bearing ang may tama. Para ma sense ng mechanik mo na nakakaintindi ka sa maintenance para di ka nia tagain sa labor. Pag sira bearing mo, its better na ikaw bumili huwag na yung mechanic mo para makatipid ka.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    it happened to my corolla before and right i replace the front left bearing and thats it problem solved.Good luck bro.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    salamat po sirs jcastillo932 and three in xe

i'll have it checked tomorrow and will give an update

here's another question sirs, if it really is the bearing, how dangerous is this if kept unrepaired?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if its the bearing you'll hear a humming sound that gets louder as you increase your speed. if it gets really bad it will seize like a stuck-up brake and you won't be able to drive it without letting it cool down. but i think that "thug, thug" sound is from your tires. check for uneven wear or bulges.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    if its the bearing you'll hear a humming sound that gets louder as you increase your speed. if it gets really bad it will seize like a stuck-up brake and you won't be able to drive it without letting it cool down. but i think that "thug, thug" sound is from your tires. check for uneven wear or bulges.
    ahhh, well the left front does wear differently than the right front tire. (parang mas hindi upod yung kanan) will also check sir, thank you.

any more possibilities sirs?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hi sirs, just an update.

did the fastest fix and replaced the two front tires (they needed replacement anyway) but the sound is still there. will have the bearing checked.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Bakit di mo na lang pacheck lahat habang nandun ka't binubuksan yung bearings?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
thudding sound, help!