New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ^

commute na lang pauwi sir?
    Opo. Commute na lang or wag muna umuwi. Ilang beses ko na ginawa yan. First nung Ondoy, sa office ako nag stay. If pinilit ko nun umuwi, nadale kotse ko. Hanggang bewang baha sa loob ng lugar namin. Second, nung Habagat, di din ako nag attempt umuwi. Ayun! hanggang hita naman ung baha. Dalawang beses ko nasave ung auto ko. Pero ung pangalawa, instead na sa office ako matulog, nag check in na lang ako sa Sogo. He,he. 2 days din ako dun na puro 12 HRS. Buti weekdays kaya mejo mura ung rate. Naintindihan naman ng esmi ko. Naawa pa nga sa akin eh. Buti na lang meron ako baon mga damit sa trunk kc ung work ko minsan required na 3 days - 1 week na walang uwian. Pero kung nagkataon nun na may sobra ako budget..... ah alam na. Hotel-Service Spakool.

^_^SPOILED

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Ok so you're on the road and the rain is pouring so you find yourself going through knee-deep waters. You somehow find the guts to drive your car through the flood and after minutes of agony hearing the water splashing onto your car's undercarriage, you finally come out the other end with your car still running. You go home to rest. The following day, you:

A. Clean your brakes
    B. Have your car lifted and have a pressure washer wash out all the dirt
    C. Check your tyres for damage from nails, screws, bits of metal

Did I miss anything else? What do you do after going through a flood?
    Knee-deep water is dangerous for cars. But its fine for 4x4 pickup trucks and 4x4 suv.

Since you mentioned "minutes" going thru flood. Ill share my 2 cents:

A. Clean your brakes -tell your mechanic to clean your caliper pistons too. water may have seeped thru and rust formation will occur after a few months resulting to brake stuckup

B. Have your car lifted and have a pressure washer wash out all the dirt
    C. Check your tyres for damage from nails, screws, bits of metal

D. Have your alternator and electric starter cleaned. If your ride is submerged rust formation will likely occur resulting to hard starting

E. Replace transmission oil. Transmission have breathers and knee-deep flood water will find a way to enter and mix with your transmission oil

F. Grease up all parts that needed to be greased

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    non technical reply...

after braving a flood..... say a thanksgiving prayer na hindi ka tumurik sa gitna....

4. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Experience ko pagkatapos mo dumaan sa baha, kinabukasan bleed the brakes and replace the fluid, check the tires, check under carriage, re grease steering components and suspension (if using leaf spring) and run the engine and check if its normally operating. Dito kasi sa Cavite medyo matataas ang baha kaya nung pinapagawa ko pa lang yung jeep namin, i make sure mataas yung ground clearance ng engine ko para di mag stick out yung oil pan ko na mostly lower sa chassis frame. Then all electrical harnesses are tucked up way into the body para malinis tignan at iwas na rin sa dirt at water.Since matic yung jeep ko, i installed the atf cooler sa harap ng radiator which is high enough not to be reach by knee high flood. At mataas kasi ground clearance nung jeep namin. I never like low cars rin kasi, not practical in the roads we have here in the province.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Check wheel bearings for water contamination. In case your car still uses non sealed bearings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

carwash over and under para mawala mga putik at mga singit singit, pa engine wash at pa degrease mga joints, kung pinasok tubig ang loob kelangan ipa shampo ang karpet. clean and dry service tas tsek din mga electrical lines..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12