New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Ok so you're on the road and the rain is pouring so you find yourself going through knee-deep waters. You somehow find the guts to drive your car through the flood and after minutes of agony hearing the water splashing onto your car's undercarriage, you finally come out the other end with your car still running. You go home to rest. The following day, you:

A. Clean your brakes
    B. Have your car lifted and have a pressure washer wash out all the dirt
    C. Check your tyres for damage from nails, screws, bits of metal

Did I miss anything else? What do you do after going through a flood?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Check your carpets, or underneath, to make sure nothing inside got wet. That will start to stink.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Ok so you're on the road and the rain is pouring so you find yourself going through knee-deep waters. You somehow find the guts to drive your car through the flood and after minutes of agony hearing the water splashing onto your car's undercarriage, you finally come out the other end with your car still running. You go home to rest. The following day, you:

A. Clean your brakes
    B. Have your car lifted and have a pressure washer wash out all the dirt
    C. Check your tyres for damage from nails, screws, bits of metal

Did I miss anything else? What do you do after going through a flood?
    Check wheel bearings for water contamination. In case your car still uses non sealed bearings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    are you driving a sedan or an suv/pick-up? knee deep waters is nothing to worry about if you're driving an suv/pick-up, any car that can't take on a flood that low shouldn't be called an suv/pick-up.:bwahaha: when i pass by flood that low, after i pass by the flood i just tap on the brakes and make sure they're still working.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    At the next service stop or after the rainy season, it would be good to flush your brake fluid as well. Also, depending on your transmission breather location, it would be good to change the aTF or gear oil to avoid contamination if you forded high waters.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    Check your carpets, or underneath, to make sure nothing inside got wet. That will start to stink.
    Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Check wheel bearings for water contamination. In case your car still uses non sealed bearings.
    I just changed the wheel bearings on my sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    are you driving a sedan or an suv/pick-up? knee deep waters is nothing to worry about if you're driving an suv/pick-up, any car that can't take on a flood that low shouldn't be called an suv/pick-up.:bwahaha: when i pass by flood that low, after i pass by the flood i just tap on the brakes and make sure they're still working.
    I drive both types and yes, I tap my brakes too. I remember one time when my car's brakes were slipping after I passed a high flood. Luckily, it started to work after a minute of pumping the brake pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    At the next service stop or after the rainy season, it would be good to flush your brake fluid as well. Also, depending on your transmission breather location, it would be good to change the aTF or gear oil to avoid contamination if you forded high waters.
    Good tip! I just flushed my brake fluid and changed the differential and ATF on my SUV. I better do the same for the others.

Thanks guys! Keep it coming.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Bakit kailangan pa lumusong sa baha? Alam mo naman na madami ka kailangan gawin or palitan pagkatapos ng gagawin mo. Best advice, iwan ang kotse sa mall or office. Mas ok na magbayad ng overnight parking kesa bumili ng mga bago at mahal na piyesa. Andun din ung risk na hindi mo magamit ung auto mo ng ilang linggo or buwan pag nasira.

^_^SPOILED

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

commute na lang pauwi sir?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I dunno... Hindi ko pa kasi inilusong ang mga sasakyan namin sa baha... not when I'm driving.
    Iwas kasi ako lagi sa mga baha. Alam kong makaka- sama sa sasakyan.
    At saka mahirap masiraan ng sasakyan, malamang sa hindi, wala ring makaka- tulong sa iyo.

Pag may baha ahead, atras na ako then go to higher grounds. Hintay for waters to subside.
    Then, pagdating sa bahay, punas- punas, linis- linis, a little check on electricals and tires.
    Ini- ingatan ko lang 'yung tagas sa langis o gas. Baka may butas sa tank or tubes kaya may tulo or leak.
    I just put tape or Vulca Seal on the hole/s then, temporarily out of order muna siya.
    Siyempre, sa talyer rin ang punta niya. Saka na lang ulit gamitin kapag talagang ayos na.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Check your boots axle if it has leaks. Time for repacking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast