New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Mahilig akong mag DIY. Kaso nga lang, if I am to depend solely on what I observe from mechanics or listen to their explanations regarding what they are doing, medyo nagdududa ako sa aking natututunan.

Short of enrolling in automotive school (for which I do not have the time), gusto ko sanang magbasa from a textbook or a good reference in general automotive maintenance and repair, para naman mas scientific ang approach ko sa pag-iintindi kung paano umaandar ang isang sasakyan. Problem is, I don't know which book I should read, if there is such a thing.

Could anyone recommend a good book - even if it's a textbook for students of automobile mechanics - that I can read? I've been to National, and the darn bookstore doesn't seem to have any real text or reference for the general mechanic. Baka naman ang mga estudyante ng automotive na miyembro din ng tsikot.com ay may recommendation? And where may I buy such a booK? I'm willing to learn.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    sir,

minsan naka browse ako sa library ng up engg na isang book kung paano mangalikot ng kotse... di ko lang matandaan kung anong pangalan.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    A121, mahirap 'yata 'yun. Baka naman pwede mong balikan para malaman natin 'yung title.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Automotive Mechanics by Crouse & Anglin available at National Bookstore ... it's a good book

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    www.howstuffworks.com

diyan lang din ako nagka-idea kung pano gumagana ang engine. pero hindi lahat. kasi yung mga sample na engine ay wala dito.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    somebody mentioned in another thread about short courses offered at the meralco foundation

if you have cable, medyo abangan mo sa knowledge channel -- they have some episodes dealing with automotive repair...e.g. ball joint replacement, transmission repair, etc.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    groucho, i suggest getting a repair manual specific to the car you wanna tinker with

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    meron yung dummy or idiot's guide book (something like that yung title) series. meron doon na for cars.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    pajerokid, I do have a couple of Chiltons. But they're heavy on the practical and light on the theoretical. It would be nice to have a textbook that would teach what other people would consider the boring part of mechanics. I'd enrol in automotive class if I had the time.....but time is not one of the luxuries I have at the moment.

kinyo, somebody did tell me about Crouse and Anglin. But you'll be surprised how difficult it is to find, even in National. I was looking for a book with that particular nature.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Try autosite.com. Howstuffworks.com is also good. Try also the links on the sites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Textbook or Reference