New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    i have changed oil recently but my mechanic told me settled for the ordinary mo 40 lng ok n basta regular ang palit

kako may nabili nako mobil 1 super syn at may tira pa one liter last time...

to may amazement ung left over date may loose particle s ilalim may mga caramel bit...

ano un sintensya na s makina mo?

sabi p ng friend ko na nag take ng mekaniko vocational course s PUP
    it doesnt make a difference when u use ordinary and sper synthetic
    kasi d namn racing car gamet naten we dont heat the temp of a f1 car.
    and beside daw ung oil nila disposable after one time use

is it true
    anu ung caramel aparts n nakita ko?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    yun din ang nabasa ko na advice dito. Pag city driving eh ok na mineral oil

Kasi pag nag synthetic tapos city driving lang eh feeling schumy :hihihi:

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    bro asakin p ung bote ng mobil1 pare may buo buo talga e nakasara lng un!

mga 3 months ago lng un katakot gamitin! mahal mahal n nga ganun p...

picturan ko nga un pag nakuha ako ng digicam para malinaw.... ang kuha

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Pero kung ganun na nagbu-buo-buo na eh wag mo na gamitin...kaysa naman masira engine mo...

iwasan po natin ang text speak sa forums..

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Here it is decide it yourself.

Introduction

[SIZE=2]Many consumers are not just surprised but quite often shocked to learn that the "Synthetic Oils" for which they pay premium price (3 to 9 times that of Petroleum Oil) are not only not performing any better than average Petroleum Motor Oil, but also are not "Synthetic" at all![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]How had this happened?[/SIZE][SIZE=2]SAE[/SIZE][SIZE=2] (Society of Automotive Engineers) deleted any and all definitions of "synthetic" from all specifications relating to oils.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]API (American Petroleum Institute) never defined what "synthetic" is.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]NAD (National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus) ruled that "Synthetic" is a marketing term and that it is the responsibility of the Marketer (the one who labels and markets the oil) to define what it is.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Back labels of Mobil 1 products for many years had following statement:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]" * exclusive of carrier oil" in substantially smaller print. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]While at the same time the front label declared the Mobil 1 as:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"100% Synthetic * "[/SIZE][SIZE=2]. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The "synthetic" oil business is regarded by many in the oil industry as a "religion" whose followers are holding a belief that "synthetic" is somehow superior, but lack the actual proof.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The information on following pages has been provided to enlighten the average consumer of Motor Oil, Gear Oil, ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) and Grease with information, which is seldom made publicly available by the oil industry.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]What you do not know about oil, can harm your vehicle, and what you do not know about "synthetic" oil can cost you money, you need not spend to get the same or better performance for less.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]We were first ![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]One prevalent advertising ploy in the synthetic oil industry is that almost without an exception every company anywhere in the World claims to be the very "First".[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]To a casual observer it is quickly obvious that not every company can possibly be "First" and that sometimes a "second" or even the "latecomer" can actually be either "Better" or "Cheaper".[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Similarly, you'll never find any financial institution to proudly proclaim: [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"We are the ‘second’ XYZ bank".[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]However, there is the illusion in the consumer market that the claim of "First" somehow is identified with Quality or Superiority in the field of "synthetic" lubricants.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Examples:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]AMSOIL = "First in Synthetics" - The company did not exist before 1972[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]MOBIL = "First to Market Synthetic Oil" - Mobil 1 was introduced in 1974[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Being "First" in anything, unless it is a sanctioned racing event, has no relation to Quality, Value or Performance of ANY product in the market place.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]And quite often even in racing events being "First" is more a matter of luck than of ultimate superiority of performance.[/SIZE]
    MODERATOR'S NOTE:

Please give credit to the author of the document/article by providing the source name and author. If what you shared is a syndicated documented or a a copyrighted document, I suggest that you remove the text and just provide the link.

Thanks.

Nic

--------
    Last edited by nicolodeon; November 4th, 2007 at 10:31 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by da__man View Post
    i have changed oil recently but my mechanic told me settled for the ordinary mo 40 lng ok n basta regular ang palit

kako may nabili nako mobil 1 super syn at may tira pa one liter last time...

to may amazement ung left over date may loose particle s ilalim may mga caramel bit...

ano un sintensya na s makina mo?

sabi p ng friend ko na nag take ng mekaniko vocational course s PUP
    it doesnt make a difference when u use ordinary and sper synthetic
    kasi d namn racing car gamet naten we dont heat the temp of a f1 car.
    and beside daw ung oil nila disposable after one time use

is it true
    anu ung caramel aparts n nakita ko?
    di kaya residue yun? na pwede makasama sa makina

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    malamang makasama un! kung pwede ko lang share ung picture e share ko sa inyo

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    weird... that should not happen... baka fake oil nabili mo?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    naniniwala po ako sa sabi ng mechanic niya...

we can live with mineral oil po..
    kayalang... ang tanong ng mga gumagawa ng oil manufacturers... how much are u willing to pay..

kaya they give u a... more expensive... alternative.. para for those who are willing to spend...

i think.. magandang oil ang mobil1.. just that mahal.. and.. pwede na naman ordinary...

but ingat po tayo sa mga.. brands.. na synthetic na harmful sa ating engine... lalo na.. pinipilit nilang i-advertise na pwedeng pang 15t km...

para hindi maloko.. magpachange oil nalang po tayo every 5tkms... ord oil..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
synthetic o sintensya s oto mo?