New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rubber mga tires natin, these stones/pebbles won't do any harm.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    only rarely do these stones cause harm to the tyres..., i.e., when they are strategically shaped and are large and sharp enough... in which case we probably will not be able to dislodge them before they do damage
    At the Manila Port area, there used to be an unpaved section surfaced only with crushed gravel. As vehicles drove over them, they’d grind against each other and break into smaller pieces with really sharp edges.

One of these managed to punch through even an 8 ply tire on one of our light trucks once, and we found the offending stone embedded in the deflated tire the following day.

Thank goodness for tubeless tires that don’t go flat outright once punctured…

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ang nakakatakot yung mga bato o sementong malaki na umiipit sa pagitan ng double tire ng truck at bus. kapag bumilis baka maging misslie

4. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    Do you remove these small stones, pebbles and what nots on your tire treads?

Will letting these be damage the tires?
    I don’t think anyone here would actually set aside time to remove pebbles from their tire grooves on a regular basis. Medyo extreme na ata yun.

I remove the bigger ones with a small, flat head screwdriver when I check the tire pressures though, as I don’t want them hitting the underside of my vehicle and possibly chipping the factory rustproofing if I can help it.

They cause stone chips and inflict windshield pits (or worse, breakage) on other vehicles if ejected by the tire in their direction, and ayaw ko naman din makaperwisyo ito sa iba.

“Do unto others…” We may not know it, but there have probably been countless times that we’ve been spared from something bad happening to us, because somewhere, someone out there bothered to be considerate of other people. Mga guardian angel na lang natin nakaka alam...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    ang nakakatakot yung mga bato o sementong malaki na umiipit sa pagitan ng double tire ng truck at bus. kapag bumilis baka maging misslie
    Naku, sinabi mo.

Madalas diyan yung mga naka wide profile tires na lagpas na sa fender, and those SUV's, lifted pickups and ATV's na naka "monster-truck setup" na walang fender flares or even mud flaps. Tapos naka mud terrain tire pa (but highway & paved road driven), which are designed to scoop up and eject mud and debris out and away from the vehicle.

Add na rin diyan yung mga motorcycle without a flap for their rear tires, and mga trucks...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i used to drive on u.s. air force flight lines. before we get into the area, there's what we call fod check. (Foreign Object Debris). at the entrance to the flight line, there is a FOD check area where all stones, pebbles or any solid object that does not belong to the tire are removed. these little pieces of foreign objects damage jet engines when ingested. the stones, pebbles or any object stuck to the tires also cause tire imbalance that can cause suspension and steering problems later on in addition to becoming projectiles that can damage windshields of the car behind specially at higher speeds. some of these tires are called "self cleaning tires" being that the tread grooves, lugs and sipes are designed to dislodge the foreign object at some predetermined rotational speeds.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    xxx the stones, pebbles or any object stuck to the tires also cause tire imbalance that can cause suspension and steering problems later on in addition to becoming projectiles that can damage windshields of the car behind specially at higher speeds. xxx.
    Ito ang concern ko.

I am beginning to notice that there are stones/pebbles in the tire that seem to be there for weeks already.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    ako when i drove on the uneven roads i always check my tires if there's any stones or tiny debris had stuck to my tire threads after driving in those rough surface roads. if i did not remove them it may affect the wheel balance and also increased tire wear due to the stones and debris.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    Ito ang concern ko.

I am beginning to notice that there are stones/pebbles in the tire that seem to be there for weeks already.
    Just dislodge it if it makes you uneasy. Order na sa shoppee ng tire stones remover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Just dislodge it if it makes you uneasy. Order na sa shoppee ng tire stones remover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No need siguro to use a special tool for this. Perhaps a small flat head screwdriver, or keys, will do the trick.

Looks like I will have to pay more attention to these lodged stones and pebbles from here on ....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast