New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

can i spray wd-40 lubricant on the engine compartment? during my start-up, every morning, the moving part on my engine that is attached to the gasoline pedal is sticky, it won't go back but if the engine is already heated up, that thing is normal again. i'm afraid to spray wd-40 on it because it might cause sparks as warned by the label on the can. is it ok to spray it or not. please help, thanks....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    spray it but don't leave it on... spray mo sya like a cleaner... let it soak a little then wipe it off with a cloth... it'll still lubricate the surface in addition to cleaning it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mayroon talagang specially made spray dyan ah....i think cycle ang brand...i use it sa moving parts ng carb ko.....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ily_j02
    it won't go back but if the engine is already heated up, that thing is normal again.
    Baka ganyan talaga yan. Medyo high ang rev pag cold to get the engine to it's operating temperature. Then pag naabot na back to normal na siya.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano ba car mo? IMO what your referring to is the auto-choke that automatically increases your idle during a cold start but gradually returns to its normal idle position once the engine reaches its normal operating temp...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi naman siguro mag i-ispark..

Kaya lang baka magluwagan mga igang bolt/nut na affected diyan pag tagal tagal ..

Pa check mo na lang baka may diperensiya pedal mo..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for your replies, my car model is an '91 lancer GLX, i bought it 2 years ago and it is only now that i experienced this, i don't think that its the auto choke because my car doesn't have one, whenever i start my engine, i pump the gas pedal at around 1 to 1.2k revs until temp normalizes and then release the pedal but the idle is very high, i have to quickly pump the pedal so that idle will go back to normal. even when i'm already running, this still happens, i think i have to have it checked with a mekanik para sigurado, thanks again....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check the spring in the pedal. Change your accelerator cable. Baka stuck up na yan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If its EFI ganyan talaga yan. This is because it will bring the engine to STP (standard operating temperature and pressure) in the soonest possible time. Normal yan. Let it idle for 1-2 minutes.

It might also be that you need a tune-up / change-oil already. Happens to me everytime my cars near the 5000km servicing.

WD-40 is OK. Mangangamoy lang engine bay mo but no sparks. I do it palagi. ;)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok naman wd-40 ilagay recommended pa nga sa spark plugs di ba.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
wd 40