New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    sir help naman kung anu kailangan ko gawin sa 95 civic ko. napansin ko kc paminsan minsan may lumalabas na white smoke sa tailpipe even startup or matagalang gamit ay may paminsan minsan nalabas na white smoke.

i notice rin na pumupugak-pugak ung tunog sa may tailpipe(tune-up/timing ba kelangan?)
    i checked already the radiator n engine oil. di naman nabawasan.

isa pang question magpapalit n kasi ako ng water pump kc tumaas ung temp ko na di naman nangyayari while driving. so i checked the radiator. tinangal ko ung return. i noticed na walang flow pabalik sa radiator( talga ba may Flow/pressure b na tubig pabalik sa radiator which i expect kc water pump e..)
    anu ba dapat sabay ko na palitan?
    Last edited by egboy; November 18th, 2006 at 02:56 AM. Reason: update

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by egboy View Post
    sir help naman kung anu kailangan ko gawin sa 95 civic ko. napansin ko kc paminsan minsan may lumalabas na white smoke sa tailpipe even startup or matagalang gamit ay may paminsan minsan nalabas na white smoke.

isa pang question magpapalit n kasi ako ng water pump kc tumaas ung temp ko na di naman nangyayari while driving. so i checked the radiator. tinangal ko ung return. i noticed na walang flow pabalik sa radiator( talga ba may Flow/pressure b na tubig pabalik sa radiator which i expect kc water pump e..)
    White smoke is caused by water and or antifreeze entering the cylinder, and the engine trying to burn it with the fuel.

check to see if antifreeze has contaminated the engine oil. You can look at the engine oil dipstick, or look at the under side of the engine oil filler cap. If the oil is contaminated with antifreeze, it will have the appearance of a chocolate milkshake. Do not start the engine if the oil is contaminated with antifreeze, as serious internal engine damage can result.

The engine overheat and a head gasket failed due to excessive heat, thus allowing antifreeze to enter the cylinder (Where it is not meant to be).

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by egboy View Post

White smoke is caused by water and or antifreeze entering the cylinder, and the engine trying to burn it with the fuel.

check to see if antifreeze has contaminated the engine oil. You can look at the engine oil dipstick, or look at the under side of the engine oil filler cap. If the oil is contaminated with antifreeze, it will have the appearance of a chocolate milkshake. Do not start the engine if the oil is contaminated with antifreeze, as serious internal engine damage can result.

The engine overheat and a head gasket failed due to excessive heat, thus allowing antifreeze to enter the cylinder (Where it is not meant to be).

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    try the tuneup muna. it might not solve the smoke, but it might help the palya noise from the exhaust

white smoke sa tailpipe