New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    im not sure pero before pa kumalat yan spoilers saka skirts na yan eh napanood ko sa tv, something like a documentary about trucks na bumibyahe sa europe. since cross-country ang byahe nila eh ok daw na lagyan ng spoilers saka skirts yun truck para medyo bumilis yun takbo saka bumaba yun fuel consumption... im not sure though kung significant yun effect

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    You want a "rear-wing", I think this is the most common term if the wing is placed on top of the trunk lid (not hood as you described ).

On most of our rides it is purely aesthetic lang, to give character to the car. This is a great add-on only if done properly meaning it should not be ridiculously shaped or oversized na parang sampayan na.

As a heads up, the rear wing is used in race cars to push the car downward so that it won't skid off the corners when it turns at high speeds. Same principle sa wings of a plane only in reverse lang; a plane's wings generate "lift" when propelled at high speed. On a car the wings angle is reversed to create that push down effect.

There are a number of these available, the more popular ones is the R-Type and S-Type.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ching View Post
    yup ducktail spoiler nga tawag dito.

oohhh... i like this red corolla. would you know where i can buy those bumper and chins?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisboy View Post
    oohhh... i like this red corolla. would you know where i can buy those bumper and chins?

try to contact "corics" of grupo toyota.

http://www.grupotoyota.com.ph/board/...3bfa931eaf971d

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, since most spoilers are kind of useless anyway, I'll take the ducktail over the wing, as it doesn't block your view out the back.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ^^^ Not only that, hindi na kelangan pang butasan yung trunk.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Actually, since most spoilers are kind of useless anyway, I'll take the ducktail over the wing, as it doesn't block your view out the back.
    yan din isa sa reason why i decided to remove my car's spoiler - harang sa view. plus di na sya bagay nung nagpalit ako ng rims from 17" to 15". eheheheh.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    if your car is FWD, a spoiler has no performance benefits.

it's really to help RWDs and AWDs keep the back wheels in contact with the ground.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by botyok View Post
    mga peps, gusto ko sana mag lagay noon spoiler ba yun (correct me if im wrong) yun inilalagay sa ibabaw ng trunk hood.
    para saan ba ito?
    o pormal lang?
    saan nakakabili at magkano?

aka: trunk spoiler, rear wing, ducktail. (may kulang pa?)

unless porma gusto mo or if you are into racing, dont get one.

i have seen one before installed on a sedan, spoiler which is higher than the roof. thats very ugly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Spoiler ba ito?