New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    the speedometer of our MB doesn't work anymore!wat seems to be the problem?how can i fix it?how much will it cost me?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Maybe your speedometer cable is either disconnected or snapped.

If not, then maybe the speedometer itself is broken.

Hope this helps

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    ...or the teeth of the gear driving the cable, which is being driven by the transmission is already spent. Replaced one before on a galant - 750 from the casa.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by corbon44 View Post
    ...or the teeth of the gear driving the cable, which is being driven by the transmission is already spent. Replaced one before on a galant - 750 from the casa.

hi carbon44.. have a galant and speedometer is broken.. already brought it to a mechanic for advice but referred me to banawe to look for sensor.. should this be the case? thanks..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    hard to say what the price range will be when you don't specify the exact model of the car.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by galantisado View Post
    hi carbon44.. have a galant and speedometer is broken.. already brought it to a mechanic for advice but referred me to banawe to look for sensor.. should this be the case? thanks..
    possible, what model galant though? one way to check if it's a broken cable id to disconnect it form the transmission and manually turn it and have someoen check if the speedo turns, of course very minimal lang ang sipa ng speedo needle considering the speed...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by corbon44 View Post
    possible, what model galant though? one way to check if it's a broken cable id to disconnect it form the transmission and manually turn it and have someoen check if the speedo turns, of course very minimal lang ang sipa ng speedo needle considering the speed...
    galtant '96. thanks for the advice.. i'll have it checked muna before ko paayos.. thanks for the advice..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Mine was just a simple sparkplug problem - maling spark plugs ang nakabit sa car ko - produced electrical signals which made the speedometer stop working.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    Mine was just a simple sparkplug problem - maling spark plugs ang nakabit sa car ko - produced electrical signals which made the speedometer stop working.
    very interesting...I wonder how it was traced to the plugs?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    normally the speedo stops because of either a busted cable or a faulty sensor.

speedometer, not working!