New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    guys, ok lng ba na palitan ko ang spark plug ng auto ko ng 4 tips / platinum. sabi kasi ng nissan alabang na yong ordinary lng daw na spark plug ang gamitin ko. wala na rin naman akong ibang papalitan maliban dun. auto ko nissan sentra 2000

tnx

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    IIRC all the posts in the thread relating to spark plugs, it's better to stick to stock unless you don't want to clean your plugs per 5000kms..

Try nyo po chief mag-search, dami na rin po kasing topics similar dito. IMHO lang po.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by evs_13 View Post
    guys, ok lng ba na palitan ko ang spark plug ng auto ko ng 4 tips / platinum. sabi kasi ng nissan alabang na yong ordinary lng daw na spark plug ang gamitin ko. wala na rin naman akong ibang papalitan maliban dun. auto ko nissan sentra 2000

tnx
    No harm in trying it out. Just be sure it's for the particular Nissan model that you have.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just use the Php75.00/pc spark plugs. I don't really find the point of using uber expensive plugs for stock, non-high performance engines.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have Bosch Platinum plugs in my 1300cc Samurai. I feel it's better than the Denso plugs that goes with it. Starts with one click and is much responsive to my right foot. ;)

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Spark plug effects vary from car to car, and the effects are due to both the design of the plugs and the material used.

But in the case of the Sentra, multi-point plugs don't give any improvement in performance. This is because the stock NGKs have the optimum height for proper spark performance, and shorter (like Bosch 4's) or longer (like Splitfires) plugs don't give you the right plug height in the combustion chamber.

If you want Platinum plugs, the best for your ride will be NGK Platinums of the same design and height as stock.

Remember, this advice is specific for the Sentra, and may not apply to other cars. It comes from a guy I've talked to online and trust a lot. Full article on the Sentra engine at http://sentra.net/tech/garage/engine.php

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by evs_13 View Post

tnx
    if you have the money to burn then go right ahead... with regards to inproving performance its better to find it out yourself...

don't change if its not broken...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    [b]Spark plug effects vary from car to car, and the effects are due to both the design of the plugs and the material used. If you want Platinum plugs, the best for your ride will be NGK Platinums of the same design and height as stock.
    ...agree, amen!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i second, third, fourth the motion. case closed.
    heheh

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    tnx bro sa mga info. ano ba una kong gawing mods para gumanda performance ng engine ko.

tnx a lot

spark plug