New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have read in another forum na mayroon pong sound deadening materials na kinakabit sa mga vehicles. Effective po ba ito in reducing road noise and engine noise/vibrations especially sa diesel vehicles?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have a friend who brought in a lot of specialty sound insulation materials from Germany. the insulation material comes in two types/phases, the first is the anti-vibration material for the flooring, door panels, firewall, and ceiling. the next came the specially formulated foam to be installed after the anti-vibration is installed. both these materials are self-adhesive.

i installed them in my tonka pajero (DIY) and instantly improved the sound insulation of my ride. all-in-all, i spent about Php 4,300 for the pajero.

for me, the best sound insulation system is the one installed in BMW cars or any other german-made car for that matter. my e36 320i has at least 4-layers of sound deadeners plus the rubber and felt lining along the doors.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir woodfire, 'san po yung shop niya???

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oo nga po sir woodfire saan po ito? I'm interested in it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    DIY option, the kotse audio club group recommends the use of 3M Flashband (available on ACE Hardware or similar shops) the 3" width type (10 Meters length) as cheaper (P600+ ang ganitong roll) alternative to the dynamat or other branded soundeadener.....depende sa application mo kung ilang rolls ang magagamit mo.

But IF i understand woodfire correctly....he mentioned that at P4,300 e buong Pajero (floor, doors, firewall etc) ang nalagayan....e palagay ko po mas mura yung option niya kesa dun sa Flashband.

my 2 cents.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i bought the materials from him and installed the materials myself with the help of my driver. the materials were made in germany.

i basically took out all the seats, carpets, and sidings of my paj and istalled the materials. it took me two days to finish coz its difficult to dismantle the second row seats and the sidings.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can also try installing dynamats to deaden sound and reduce vibration. you can also use flash bands (normally used in galvanized gutters) as what was suggested here. both work by reducing the vibration of the metal and thus deaden the sound.

glennster of the dieselclub has previously suggested and i guess installed flashbands (which can be bought in mall hardwares) for the audio group.

the materials i used was manufactured by WURTH of Germany. i do not know if these are being sold commercially here. my friend imported them coz he is into car restoration (benz and bimmers).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup meron worth available sa intense sa banawe :mrgreen:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saan kaya meron na affordable yung labor, kung 4th plus lang materials.

woodfire,
    noticeable ba talaga yung improvement???????ng pajero mo?????

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    noticeable? YES!!!:wink:

not bmw-like but almost!:mrgreen:

is the work and expense worth it? YES!!!:D

BTW, flashbands and dynamats are very heavy. WURTH materials are light weight!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Sound Deadening for cars and SUVs.