New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I was stopped at 1:00 pm this afternoon by MAPSA for a spot smoke belching test. My ride which is a 98 diesel Besta with almost 85,000 km to its odometer failed the test. I told the officer that I just had the fuel injection system overhauled and calibrated during my 80,000 km PMS and he said that I should also have had the muffler flushed with soap and water. Anyway, I pleaded and he relented and did not take my front plate and license. So lucky me and my question now is where do I bring my van to have its muffler or exhaust system flushed with soap and water? Is this procedure safe?? will it save me next time from spot checks??? please advise. Thanks!!!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yup effective yan, we do that flushing and cleaning with all our big trucks bago magpa belching, kaya pasado lagi ehehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    dalhin mo sa muffler shop, lalagyan nila ng extra pipe with cap before the resonator, para pwede mo na DIY flushing. maigsi lang pakabit mo mga 4 inches the most para di maputol agad pag nag vibrate makina.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ok yan magastos nga lang sa tubig hehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    where do I bring my van to have its muffler or exhaust system flushed with soap and water?
    At home if you have a garden hose. But as previously suggested, you can have threaded fitting fitted to the front part of the exhaust so you can just screw on a garden hose and it'll do the work for you.

Is this procedure safe??
    For a Besta, yes. Just do it before you go out for a drive so it'll completely dry up as you drive along. If you do it before you store the vehicle, it can rust the exhaust system prematurely.

will it save me next time from spot checks???
    No. Your vehicle model is near the top of their list. You're probably just a few notches below the L300FB and Isuzu ELF from being the most apprehended vehicle on the road. When I was still driving a Kia, I just ignore those spot-checks. Even BRAND NEW vehicles can fail in those spot checks because most of them are rigged in favor of the examiners. Sayang naman ang oras nila kung makakapasa lang din yung 'victim'.

But when I drive the Mercedes Benz diesel, I can turn them black with smoke (by mashing the gas pedal in while in the wrong gear) and they still wouldn't go after me.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hey Guys....Thanks for the tips. I did the garden house thing and brought the van to shell station in las pinas for another muffler wash. yes it was dirty but then again...are there any more tips that I do can do to make sure I pass the spot checks????? Thanks!!!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Hi!

Is black smoke coming out from your vehicle's exhaust? We are giving
    away FREE TREATMENT to solve that problem. If you like to avail, be one
    of the first 20 drivers during the Manila Int'l. Auto Show, April 7 & 8,
    2018, 2 to 4PM, World Trade Center Parking Area (near Main entrance)

Call now 0977-802-6993 to get a spot.

Guaranteed safe & free. Guaranteed to work instantly!

Bardahl No Smoke.
    Made in USA.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016

Smoke Belching