New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Heretic Guest
    While going through Tuazon Avenue along Metroplane Complex my sister's Altis got hit by a tricycle. It was late at night, raining hard and she was playing some rap-metal when she heard a bump. At first she thought that it was just pieces of stones/blocks of wood that you accidentally run over making a "kalabog" sound under your car's chassis. A passing motorist however knocked and told her that she was hit by a tricycle. It was raining hard and the driver wasn't also able to identify him.

The bump was 4 inches across and .5 - .75 inch deep. No paint was left on the bump by the tricycle and there was no scratch to her car's paint either. Where can we have it restored/repaired and usually how much?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i'm sure you have compre. let the casa worry about it.
    but if you don't trust the casa, richard/rovic in buendia auto center do a generally amazing job (personal experience as well as countless tsikoteers).

you could have your insurance adjuster estimate the cost, take the money, and pay richard. a dent that size should cost 2000-3000. i paid 3000 for a 10 inch diameter, 2 inch deep dent on my car door. the dent literally disappeared after one afternoon of richard's work.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    oh wait... if you let richard do it, it's so cheap that it will fall under your insurance participation. that's what i did (didn't make an insurance claim anymore to avoid the hassle).

4. Heretic Guest
    My sister wants to have it repaired first thing in the morning. She is quite nervous and is worried that some "important components" might have been damaged. The bump was below the tail light. On cases like this, any "critical" things that she should worry about?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    probably nothing, that's probably cosmetic. i'm assuming dent lang siya (not structural damage) since tricycle lang nakabangga. if the tail light is not broken, wala naman sigurong "critical" damage because there's nothing there to get broken (if you've replaced your tail light bulbs makikita mo naman, trunk lang yun).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Paintless Dent Repair ba ang gagawin ni Richard? 4 inches across ... medyo malaki na for pdr pero baka pwede pa kasi intact pa yung paint ... goma lang nung motorsiklo siguro ang tumama ... below the tail light is the bumper, and if it as made of fiberglass, baka isang tulak lang (from the inside) sa dent balik na sa dating porma yan ... you may need some rubbing compound and wax to restore completely

Since the paint is scraped off, it will be best to have to repainted ASAP to prevent it from rusting. Try calling this number 09186102994 look for Jing, great service and workmanship, I'm sure he'll give you a good deal

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic
    The bump was 4 inches across and .5 - .75 inch deep. No paint was left on the bump by the tricycle and there was no scratch to her car's paint either. Where can we have it restored/repaired and usually how much?
    my understanding is hindi natanggalan ng paint yung altis.

Quote Originally Posted by kinyo
    Paintless Dent Repair ba ang gagawin ni Richard? 4 inches across ... medyo malaki na for pdr pero baka pwede pa kasi intact pa yung paint
    as i mentioned, i wrapped my passenger side car door around a post (na-sideswipe yung post while parking) the dent was MUCH larger (about 10 inches in size, and 2 inches deep, pero with no sharp corners). richard was able to get rid of it completely, now you can't find it even if you look.

9. Heretic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    my understanding is hindi natanggalan ng paint yung altis.
    Tama, hindi natanggalan ng pintura. Flaxen yung Altis ng sister ko at sa unang tinginan, parang walang yupi.

Where is this Buendia auto centro (Buendia can get really floody right?)? What time does it usually open?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    buendia auto center is along buendia, although the entrance is along Jupiter. be there early, kasi maraming nagpapagawa kay richard (early = before 10 a.m.)

if you're coming from buendia, turn to makati ave (going to makati mandaluyong bridge) then turn right immediately at jupiter. kaharap siya ng lutong macao.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Sister's car got hit!