New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would just like to share with you a discovery I made to protect your side mirrors from theft. A shop along Banawe St sells side mirror protectors for P1,200 a pair including installation. It is a black plastic gasket with a rim that is expoxied inside the edges of the side mirror case that prevents the entry of fingers to pull out the side mirror and also makes the opening of the case smaller so that the side mirror cannot be pulled out. Installation of this device does not affect the manual or motorized movement of the side mirror.

The device sits within the side mirror case with only a slight protrusion and is not ugly unlike other side mirror protectors that have latches and a lock. The only drawback of the device is that it slightly reduces the viewable areas of the side mirrors but what is left is still safe for driving. They looked effective to me so I I had them installed on my 99 Revo GLX and 02 Crosswind XTO. I had been looking for a device like this since my Revo side mirrors were stolen a few years ago and I had to buy a replacement from a crook along Banawe St.

The shop sells side mirror protectors for oher car models like Corollas and Sentras but I am not sure of all the models covered. The shop is Autobacs Accessories Center at 30 Banawe St (between P. Florentino and Sen. Mariano Cuenco) near Quezon Av, McDonald's side. If you want to check if they have side mirror protectors for your car model, you can call them first at 741-1947 or 712-0389.

I am sure other shops along Banawe St have these same side mirror protectors, perhaps cheaper, but I did not look around anymore. Try looking around Banawe St if you have the time. Good luck.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have seen them and the instillation does look very slick. Hindi mo nga mapapansin na may protector, eh.

I'm just not really sure if it works.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for sharing some helpful guide on how to protect our cars. :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OTEP,
    kelan ka punta Banawe? hanap tayo ng ganyan! hehehehe! ninakaw 1 mirror ko sa Corolla eh, gusto ko ng ganyan...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    crawdaddy,

Malapit lang ako sa Banawe palagi. Nasa UST lang naman ako, eh. Baka mamayang 4 pm mapadaan ako. Ewan ko lang. :mrgreen:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    o nga pala no...

gusto ko kasi pakabit ng ganyan eh... kaso bibili muna ako ng lens! bwiset yan baka mabili mo pa yung akin!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sana pwede magpagawa ng side mirror lens na may razor-sharp protrusions sa likod nya, para pagdukot ng magnanakaw sa kanya, sugat-sugat yung mga daliri nya. kakainis na kasi e (grrr!!!). di ba nila alam na mahirap magmaneho na walang side mirror?!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177
    di ba nila alam na mahirap magmaneho na walang side mirror?!
    I don't think they worry about that... ganun sila kakupal, basta may makukunan ng pera apak nalang nang apak ng kung sinu-sino, hindi rin naman kasi nila kilala...

kaso kung bibili naman tayo ng lens wala tayong choice kundi sa mga magnanakaw diba? bad trip it's like supporting them...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buddytan,

pa-post naman please ng pics nung nakakabit na side mirror protector, di ko kasi ma-visualize kung matibay sya o talagang effective deterrent.

crawdaddy,

personally, i still buy my side mirrors at the casa or anywhere that is not near banawe. it may not be cost-effective, pero para sa akin prinsipyo na yung pinaglalaban ko e. naka ilang palit na kasi ako... lahat yata ng naging kotse ko mula 1996 nakuhanan nila. kung walang bibili ng stolen goods, mamamatay din yung industry nila.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mikey177,
    kung walang bibili ng stolen goods, mamamatay din yung industry nila.
    exactly, kaya naghahanap ako ng ibang alternative 'source' kung san makakakuha ng stolen side mirror... anyway, here's another question: kung sa casa ka bumibili, pwede ba ang LENS lang? kasi andun pa naman ang pinaka pinagkakabitan ng mirror eh, yung mirror lang nga ang wala... minsan ang hirap magmaneho ng walang side mirror (sa left pa ang wala sakin) pero nakasanayan ko na rin kaya ok lang pero shempre gusto ko naman kumpleto ang sasakyan ko!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Side Mirror Protector