New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    helo peeps, a sicko threw a stone at my rear left (power window) for no apparent reason in taft. ave near padre faura kanina and run away..

sobrang bad trip dahil kahit na ano ang pag iingat mo sa car, kun mamalasin mamalasin talaga.

to make the long story short, may malaking scratch sa window and ndi ko na matangal using every kind of polish na makita ko sa bahay namin, like the rubbing compound...etc..., mdyo lumiit lang yung scratch..pero parang ganun pa rin.

anyways car is honda city '03 i-dsi, ask ko lang if you know anyone , honda or in banawe area who replaces side window (ito ba yung tawag dun? basta yung bintana ng car sa rear left). and how much. thanks

i believe kasi sa dami ng tsikoteeres , malamang meron na din dito nag papalit ng window.

nakakainis nga eh dahil if the window is replaces , i need to retint my windows again para pantay yung tint color... hassle sobra.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    mdyo bad to pero basagin mo nalang n claim thru insurance..replace with a new one..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    that happened to me too.. tinamaan ng bato ang window ko when a motorcycle overtook me. ayun may malaking pockmark sya.

scratch ba yan? if ever, have you tried glass polishing? if hindi na kaya, baka nga martilyo na katapat yan..

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Hindi na yata kailangan basagin, just claim it sa insurance... damaged naman eh.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mk
    helo peeps, a sicko threw a stone at my rear left (power window) for no apparent reason in taft. ave near padre faura kanina and run away..

sobrang bad trip dahil kahit na ano ang pag iingat mo sa car, kun mamalasin mamalasin talaga.

to make the long story short, may malaking scratch sa window and ndi ko na matangal using every kind of polish na makita ko sa bahay namin, like the rubbing compound...etc..., mdyo lumiit lang yung scratch..pero parang ganun pa rin.

anyways car is honda city '03 i-dsi, ask ko lang if you know anyone , honda or in banawe area who replaces side window (ito ba yung tawag dun? basta yung bintana ng car sa rear left). and how much. thanks

i believe kasi sa dami ng tsikoteeres , malamang meron na din dito nag papalit ng window.

nakakainis nga eh dahil if the window is replaces , i need to retint my windows again para pantay yung tint color... hassle sobra.
    i don't know sir, pero ang opinion ko lang po. if you want to save some hassle, just leave it as is. kasi habang iniingatan mo lalo lang nasisira at nadidisgrasya. hindi naman sa hindi ako maingat sa kotse, pero napansin ko ganun ang laging nangyayari.

well, upon replacement, just buy a replacement glass window with no tint. replacement of the window (glass) could be done in your garage. here's what to do:
    1.open the door and make sure the windows is down.
    2.remove the door panel. there is a electrical terminal there so you will have to remove it too.
    3. since the car is power window equipped, then you will have to remove the motor (the one that drives the windows up and down). you could use another pair of hand to hold the glass as you dismantle the motor from the mounts.
    4. slowly, move the motor away. you'll see that the window riser is now free and would fall if not held firmly.
    5. pull the glass off the window channel. you're now ready to place the new glass.
    6.place the new glass onto the window riser.
    7.replace the motor. re-install the terminal.
    8.replace the door panel.

for tint, you could either replace it all or remove them. :D

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    thanks mga peeps....parang gusto ko na lang nga hayaan eh.. hehe by d way if ever i will buy a replacement window, san kaya ako makakabili?, alam ko parang iba yata yung window sa car and window natin sa bahay right?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Aguila Auto Glass will sell you the glass if you want. But IMHO, I'd just leave it as is.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    ok thanks , by the way where is aguila auto glass located?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mk
    ok thanks , by the way where is aguila auto glass located?
    madami syang branch, san ka malapit?
    i saw one in q ave, banaue to welcome, another in buendia.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Meron sa Abad Santos, meron near Banawe. Nabasagan kami ng salamin ng 1972 na Benz. Meron sila. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
a sicko threw a stone at my side window, malaki ang scratch, where to get it fixed?