New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    For quite some time now...whenever i turn on my a/c before leaving the garage/parking or when the engine is still cold, i hear this screeching sound from the engine bay...i have tried retightening the belts up to the point of having them replaced to no avail...i still have the problem now. i already had the a/c checked by mang mario, including the pulleys, they're all ok...and by the time i get there, the screeching have gone away (usually after 10mins of driving nawawala). i don't hear the sound pag walang aircon huh!

whenever this happens, there's also a heavier feel to the steering that sometimes i cannot manuever/turn the wheels (happen in eastwood - i was not able to steer to the left/right until i turned off my ac...naulit ito nang mga ilang beses pa. but once i'm no the road, ok na ang steering, parang sa unang pihit lang talaga at full turn and pihit.

could this be a power steering problem? is there such a thing na mejo mahina na ang power steering pump?

any advice would greatly be appreciated

TIA

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    if not the steering belt that is screeching could be the power steering that has the problem.. Me, as an experienced driver regarding the screeching first cause could be not tight steering belt or need to be replace baka pud2x.. the steering belt should be tighten by an expert mechanic coz even though you feel it that it's so tight it still screeches.. 3rd possible cause could be the steering as I've said..

notice any leak or bleed ?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    replace steering belt that is exact for your vehicle.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ano car sir?
    i am asssuming revo gas ito?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    *banaweonline -- ah isuzu LS pickup po...TFS model
    bago naman ang belts mga sirs, at pag uminit na ng husto, nawawala na ang screeching. at ok naren ang steering left and right even on an almost full stop. sa umpisa lang talaga yung parang "stuck up" feeling when maneuvering.

*finchy -- i didn't notice any leaks anywhere and power steering fluid is in it's usual max level naman.

thanks sa mga replies.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BeetOls
    *banaweonline -- ah isuzu LS pickup po...TFS model
    bago naman ang belts mga sirs, at pag uminit na ng husto, nawawala na ang screeching. at ok naren ang steering left and right even on an almost full stop. sa umpisa lang talaga yung parang "stuck up" feeling when maneuvering.

thanks sa mga replies.
    basta tama na ang tension ng belts, it should not slip

here is what i suggest:
    1.use gates brand belts or original isuzu belts
    2.if problem persists, get a candlle, unlit of course, then rub it against the inner prtion of the belts. this is to ensure extra grip (cheapest way, candles are cheaper than belt dressings)
    3.if you are not comfortable with this procedure, buy a belt dressing then apply on the inner portion of the belts (expensive way)

note: too much tension will cause water pump damage.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    i am hesitant to change belts again kasi natatanggal naman yung ingay after a while of driving...are "reyflex" belts any good? that was what i replaced the previous belts with...and yes, i am constantly applying/spraying belt dressing (redisol ata yung brand na gamit ko)...hey, i think ill try out the "candle" method. hehehe. if i leave it as is, would it be any harm to the engine aside from the screeching?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    you need to persons to grip the belts tightly... yung isa mag push on at yung isang kpag tight na yun belt dun screw mo na yong lock nya pra mahigpit yun belt.

kasi kpag mainit na yun makina mo mainit na din yun belt mo kaya biglang tumigas at mawala yun screeching.. IMO baka kulang lng ng higpit.. be sure maganda belts mo at sakto sa orig belt.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    gates maganda.. wag nman too tight ah.. yung sakto lng..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sir banaweonling ano yung prang flash light na tinutok sa belts ? pra daw yun sa timing???

screeching belts