New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003

the clutch master cylinder which i had replaced last October (7 months and 7000km ago) has failed again!!

i realize it was just a replacement part. the previous (replacement) lasted a bit over a year which is slightly more acceptable. i'm not really in the mood to put in an original kasi ginto yun (5000+ price). oh well.. is this the price to pay for using replacements? my water pump is a replacement too (GMB) but it's been a year so far and no problems.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my replacement water pump is holding up pretty well in the 323.

though minsan medyo worth it yung orig parts lalo na kung critical component.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i think most/all replacement water pumps are made by GMB and are fairly reputable. and, at 2500-3000 for the item, it's not so damn cheap na gawa na siya sa tanso. pero a 900-peso clutch master is cheap enough na you have to have suspicions about the QA and build quality of such things.. :P

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Nagpapalit din ako clutch master last month. Seiken ung brand for around P2,800. Hopefully tumagal naman.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pagdating sa mga high friction and high wear and tear parts like clutch and brake pads/shoes, pag-ipunan mo na lang OEM. yung mga replacement parts kasi, nire-reface lang yata nila yung resin+abrasive material na nag-kokontak dun sa flywheel mo. most of the time, di kasing ganda/tibay yung refaced resin at saka yung abrasive material, di rin kasing ganda so you risk not only damaging your clutch disk prematurely but also your flywheel. IMHO lang

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    well in my case clutch master lang po kasi yun eh (the thing under the clutch pedal). it's not the actual clutch itself.

as an aside, the "replacement" clutch itself is also manufactured by Daiken/Exedy, which manufactures the OEM part.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    clutch masters na FIC are not that good. ganyan din replacement interval time ko on my last car when using the FIC's. with the seikens, quality is like the oem's na.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    maganda talaga yung orig or OEM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    minsan chambahan nalang din.ewan ko ba.thats why quality talaga ang question eh.

may replacement na water pump ako na gmb,,tumagal lang ng 8 months. samantalang yung pinalit ko, 1.5years na hindi parin nasisira.same brand ha.same stock pa namin.

tapos may ball joints na taiwan...mas tumagal ng 6 months sa japan.labo diba.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gamble nga talaga... some replacements have served me well, but I've also experienced premature failure of brake and clutch "repair" kits in my 626.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
are replacement parts this lousy?!