New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I received this e-mail from Nissan Motors Philippines Inc. regarding my e-mail to them earlier this week.

info*ns.nissan.com.ph
    to me

9:41am (4 hours ago)
    Dear Mr. Tamayo,

Thank you for the information in the website regarding the Khaos Super Turbo Charger.

First of all, it is Nissan's policy regarding new vehicle warranty that any modification, alteration or any part installed which is not Original Equipment (OE) as released by Nissan Motor Phils., Inc. (NMPI) in the market will void the warranty for the part or any affected part resulting in the mis-operation or lack of performance as a result of the said part.

As you mentioned in your email, "Khaos Super Turbo Charger, ostensibly a gas-saving device which by passes the mass air flow sensor on the vehicle", the operation of this device will by-pass the electronically controlled fuel injection system used by Nissan and therefore would constitute in the mis-operation of the engine management system.

Since this device is not properly tested for Nissan vehicles, we can not guarantee what adverse effects it might have on the vehicle's overall performance.

In view of the above, NMPI will issue a circular to all our dealers to cease and desist the use of any product similar to the Khaos Super Turbo Charger without the expressed written consent of NMPI.

Again, thank you very much for the information.

Sincerely,

Service & Customer Support Dept.
    I believe my bias against "miracle devices" is already a matter of record on these boards, but I'd like to post this as a reminder that whatever your car dealer says, unless any such device is approved by the car company itself, any problems resulting from its use will be charged to YOU and will not be covered by your warranty.

Whether it is the KSTC, the Fitch Fuel Catalyst, the EGO, the TurboZET, or any of the "fuel-savers" on the market, unless it was specifically designed or engineered specifically for your vehicle and is approved by your car's manufacturer or has received fair and impartial review by a respectable and trustworthy agency, it's better not to take the risk.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good job niky! bravo!

i wonder what happend to my emails to GMA-7?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    great job, kudos to NMPI for addressing this issue as well... Kawawang consumers na nagfall sa bait na yan ng mga dealers.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good job pare./

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good job Mr. Tamayo! :D

of course, Nissan has already known for years that this product, and others like it, are BS. i guess they would rather not get involved in the whole debate.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    My mails to gmanetwork.com bounced back. I just found out today... Will try to resend. If not, I will find other means...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    still trying to find a way to reach the DENR and the QC government. Peace out, tsikoteers.

Since the QC Government merely ordered an initial set of units for evaluation, I'm thinking they're wary of the device, too... am trying to see who I can get in touch with to keep updated on the testing.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good job and kudos to NMPI for their prompt reply!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i think there are email addresses at www.denr.gov.ph

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good job niky

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Regarding Gas Saving Devices: Letter from Nissan Motors