New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Mga sir curious lang, bakit yung mga car na mas steep yung rear windshield lang yung may rear windshield wiper? Bat yung mga sedan wala?

Forgive me if I screw up my physics, pero diba mas likely na magslide downward yung tubig kapag mas steep kasi diba Force of gravity x sin theta where theta is yung angle of inclination, so mas malakas gravity kapag steep?

Salamat. :D

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    if you are referring to vans and hatch-backs, they create more turbulence on their rears which causes the air together with the muddied rain water to hit the rear windshield making visibility almost zero in just a few hundred meters.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    hmmm...pwede kayang lagyan ng maliit na spoiler yung van pero pababa yung porma nya para mabawasan yun vacuum effect..? or any ideas para mabawasan yung vacuum effect niya..?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Mga sir curious lang, bakit yung mga car na mas steep yung rear windshield lang yung may rear windshield wiper? Bat yung mga sedan wala?

Forgive me if I screw up my physics, pero diba mas likely na magslide downward yung tubig kapag mas steep kasi diba Force of gravity x sin theta where theta is yung angle of inclination, so mas malakas gravity kapag steep?

Its not gravity, it's air turbulence. Dirt and water tends to collect on such vehicles because of poor aerodynamics at the rear window. So the simple solution to keep good visibility is to add a rear wiper.

Adding a roof spoiler won't do enough or makes it worst.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

jut703,
    if you have rear windshield, try driving in reverse. most of the cars i know have windshields and rear window
    jickl

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Oooops, there is some breakdown in communication here. I believe the thread starter is referring to the rear glass or window, whatever you call it of some vehicles that are also equipped with wiper blades, aside from the front windshield, which is always equipped with wiper blades on standard vehicles.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Oh, I see. Thanks guys. I never would've thought of turbulence )

jut703,
    if you have rear windshield, try driving in reverse. most of the cars i know have windshields and rear window
    jickl
    Ay. Namilosopo.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    Oooops, there is some breakdown in communication here. I believe the thread starter is referring to the rear glass or window, whatever you call it of some vehicles that are also equipped with wiper blades, aside from the front windshield, which is always equipped with wiper blades on standard vehicles.
    Yeah I meant the rear window. :D I had the subconscious notion of calling it a rear windshield since its about as big as the windshield up front so it seemed more of a windshield than a window to me (as I've never owned a hatchback). :D

Rear Windshield Wiper