New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys,

Comments please on your experience with Rapide service. Any good or bad impressions? What do you think of their service staff? competent?

Any comments are welcomed.

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May mga threads na dito dati about the lousy and/or overpriced service of Rapide.

Even its U.S. counterpart, Midas, has a bad rep.

These kinds of shops usually operate with an 'average' system. Meaning, they should average XX pesos per vehicle they service. If they can't reach the average with your car, they will try to overcharge the next customer to make up for it.

Tignan mo kapag nagpagawa ka diyan, kung ano anong 'sira' ang sasabihin sa iyo ng techician. Tapos yung parts at labor nila SOBRANG MAHAL.

Pero malakas sila mag-ads na mura ang change oil at a/c check up to lure in customers.

Kapag nandun ka na, then the expenses will pile up.

Walang pinagkaiba sa Zafra.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What i did then was just to get them to inspect my car. When I saw that the bill would run up to around P16-20K dahil dami daw papalitan, I just got the estimate and left. I went to Banawe and had the same work done, tipid pa ako ng mga P7k.

They overprice all right. But the diagnosis of the car appeared to be ok naman.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    madalas ako sa rapide magpa change oil mura kasi and may promo sila before for every 4 yata you get one for free and its cheaper than Shell kasi galing sa drum yung oil nila, hndi individual containers. 500 oil + labor + filter na yun and maganda yung check up nila sa car kasi lahat tinitignan. i just get the estimate then sa iba ko na lang pinapagawa, mahal kasi labor nila eh and di ko gusto gumawa yung mga mechanics nila.

Sulit sa change oil ng MB 100 Php 999 lang with filter na yun and oil, kung sa labas yun price pa lang ng oil yun.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OteP: I think the issue is they are being proactive in pinpointing the problems with the car. but how about in terms of workmanship? any comments?

kicker15: panung di mo gusto? why di ba mukhang marurunong mga mechanics nila?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i try rapide for change oils. as far as the estimate, its ok, but i have found out in previous visit, that they saw a problem with my car, i had it estimated, and didnt get it fixed...on the 2nd time around, to get my oil change again, this time, they didnt find that problem that they pinpoint before, but i didnt even get that fix...hmmm...just take the estimate and have another opinion on it.. so if rapide is not a good place..any suggestions guys and gals?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    I used to go to Rapide regularly for lube jobs. But it reached the point that their Customer Service sucked. They claim to open at 8 am. I went there on a Sunday at 8 am to have my oil changed. They did not attend to the car until it was 9 am. Took almost an hour and a half for a 15-minute lube job. That was the last time I went to them.

And their diagnosis aren't accurate either. Their estimates approximate those of the casa.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i had my recent tune up there. in terms of service at price ng change oil/tune up, ok naman. maganda rin ang check up nila. comprehensive. pero talagang ang MAHAL NG ESTIMATE!!! and there are some things na mali ang diagnosis nila. in my case, sabi raw kelangan ko nang palitan yung cv joint. i got 2nd and 3rd opinions sa mag ibang shops. sabi daw ok pa naman at repacking lang ang kelangan. another is the power steering pump. sabi daw needs replacement na. yun pala simpleng overhaul lang (replace ng seals). there were other "mis-estimates" which, when checked in other shops, e ok naman pala or minor fix lang kelangan. halos 1/6 lang ang actual nagastos ko against dun sa na estimate nila na totoong sira. at around 80% ang talagang kinailangang palitan/ayusin.

tama sabi nila. for usual change oils/tune up, ok naman dun. tapos pagnicheck up nila, just get the estimate and diagnosis tapos patingin mo sa iba. at least magka idea ka. hth

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ayun pa nga pala ang isang hindi maganda sa shop na iyan. They do not like to 'fix' parts. I guess it would be too time consuming and not good for the business.

Sa kanila, REPLACE agad.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try mo sa speedyfix! ok ang service nila

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Rapide - Anybody have tried having their cars fixed here?