New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    mga peeps, i just want to share this with all tsikoteers

but first some backgrounder.

i had a nagging kalampag sound on the left (drivers) side. i already brought the vehicle to zee and rats. halos nakalas ng yung buong suspension and na check na ang underchassis

yet, the kalampag continued. however, to the credit of zee and rats, they tried very hard but could not diagnose it properly. they could not find what was wrong.

i brought the vehicle to the casa and again, after taking a long hard look, tightening here and there, nandoon pa rin ang kalampag

then a friend recommended this shop

its ramcar, formerly called camberman, and located at 20th avenue in cubao. my friend told me to look for lito. (there is no relation to ramcar battery, hehehehe)

lets just say that this was the shop of last recourse.

i went there this afternoon and after just 30 minutes and PHP 300 later (excluding tip of course), the kalampag disappeared

lito did a fantastic job and he diagnosed the problem very well. ngayon, solid na naman ang takbo. i could not believe it and i had to drive the vehicle at all the bad roads i pass by everyday if only to tell them: "i beat you!"

yahoo!

i recommend this shop highly for what lito was able to do.

wow, a nondescript shop outperformed zee, rats and the casa

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    111prez,

Did they tell you the nature of the problem? What were the parts replaced?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453
    111prez,

Did they tell you the nature of the problem? What were the parts replaced?
    bro -- i told zee, rats and the case everything. nag test drive pa kami. then kalikot, then test drive, then kalikot, then test drive at wala pa rin

kay lito, i told him the problem and what was done, nag test drive kami, kalikot siya, test drive ulit and wala na. ayos kaagad

ang part na pinalitan? bushings lang and regreasing. i could not believe na napaka simple lang ng problema pero hindi makuha sa zee, rats or even the casa

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    and what's the car?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    orly_andico - bro, its a 01 nissan patrol GU Y61

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung patrol ko din nagkaroon ng kalampag dati, nilagyan lang ng hose yung mga coil springs ayos na.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    yung patrol ko din nagkaroon ng kalampag dati, nilagyan lang ng hose yung mga coil springs ayos na.
    bro -- okay yun ah. hose sa coil springs. galing naman ng quick fix na yan

are you still using these hoses? paano kinabit yun?

PM mo naman ako

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwde mo gamitan ng garden hose or rubber oil hose, basta yung papasok dun sa coils. yung rubber oil hose na kulay black yung ginamit ko para hindi halata. ang pangit kasi ng garden hose, either color green or red or white kasi ang garden hoses

almost one year ng nakakabit yung hose sa coils ko, buhay pa naman. pahiran mo lang ng oil yung coil para dumulas at mas madaling ipasok yung hose, basta mabalot lang ang one full circle ok na (mag meet yung both ends ng hose)
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    Prez... that good to hear.

Boybi, just a quick tip on the hoses: Remove them once in a while (once a year or so?), maybe after the rainy seasons, to clean the inside of the hose and the springs then reinstall them again. This is to prevent corrosion due to the moisture and muck buildup inside the portion wrapped by the hose. There are several cases on cars with the hoses that experienced snapping springs because of the corrosion caused by the hoses... but this is already after using them for several years so theres no problem if you just clean them around once a year. .

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hindi ba masisira/mawawarat yung hose because it keeps getting compressed/crushed by the springs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ramcar (ex Camberman), underchassis expert