New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I had my Nissan Vanette checked just this weekend and the A/C mechanic gave me a quote for the repair. Everything seemed ordinary to me until he mentioned and suggested to mount a Liquid Separator for my A/C system. Sabi nya na mas lalamig pa daw lalo ang A/C pag kinabitan nito. He also explained to me the principle behind that device pero medyo techy so hindi ko maalala

Anyone of you heard of this Liquid Separator? Do you think okay lang na pakabitan ko ang vanette ko nito or I'll only be wasting money? He's giving it to me for 1,500 (unit only). I need your opinion guys. Summer na and it would really help a lot kung mas lalamig pa ang A/C ng van ko, if this thing really works.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nope. but i guess your dryer/receiver would be more than enough to do the job.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a liquid-vapor separator positioned after the condenser is used to separate condensed refrigerant from uncondensed refrigerant gas and trapped incondensible gases in the system (read> air or nitrogen that was not vacuumed out of the system before charging). any uncondensed gas will make the expansion valve work less efficiently since the gas lessens the effective area of the valve. however, on a system as small as a car aircon this is not necessary, the amount of uncondensed gas is so small in a properly charge system that it is of no consequence. the separator is only required in big refrigeration and airconditioning systems as the incondensible gases tend to accumulate after the condenser and in the receiver (car aircons don't have a receiver).

so in short, if your car a/c system is properly maintained (i.e., all seals are in good condition, properly leak tested and flushed using pure nitrogen gas, then vacuumed as close to 29.9 inches mercury/0 psi absolute as possible) then there should be no cause for any incondensible gases to be present. that in turn makes that separator totally unnecessary.

17 years na since i worked as an a/c engineer, meron pa pala ako natatandaan ehehehe!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ravelcop
    I had my Nissan Vanette checked just this weekend and the A/C mechanic gave me a quote for the repair. Everything seemed ordinary to me until he mentioned and suggested to mount a Liquid Separator for my A/C system. Sabi nya na mas lalamig pa daw lalo ang A/C pag kinabitan nito. He also explained to me the principle behind that device pero medyo techy so hindi ko maalala

Anyone of you heard of this Liquid Separator? Do you think okay lang na pakabitan ko ang vanette ko nito or I'll only be wasting money? He's giving it to me for 1,500 (unit only). I need your opinion guys. Summer na and it would really help a lot kung mas lalamig pa ang A/C ng van ko, if this thing really works.

Thanks

for a vannette, you might want to look into your vehicle's fan. Some owners have simply changed the fan blade with another one with more blades and that helped (daw).

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    *yebo

thanks for the very informative response.

*ghosthunter

aling fan yung pinalitan ng blades? yung aux fan ng 2nd condenser or yung clutch fan? kase vanette has 2 condensers pero iisa lang ang aux fan which is nakakabit sa 2nd condenser. yung isang condenser is nakikisakay lang sa cooling system ng radiator kaya yung clutch fan ang nagpapalamig sa both radiator and 1st condenser.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    sa vanette namin dati, what i did was always had the condenser in front of the radiator pressure washed kasi mas malaki mga gaps ng fins ng condenser tapos mas pino sa radiator...tendency is dirt is trapped sa radiator... so madaling mag over heat... tapos i installed a tray dun sa ilalim 2nd condendser(yung nakahiga na may fan) the tray acts as an air duct directing the air to the first condenser... kasi with out the tray the air just blows straight to the ground and lifts all the dust then you radiator fan sucks it in... kahit hindi totally eliminated yung clogging nung radiator it was minimized a lot... but i still maintained the washing of the condenser and radiator... just in case

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    yebo: Galing!

Ang dapat sigurong palitan ng blades ay iyong 'clutch fan',- dahil ito ang isang cause ng overheating and consequently, poor aircon performance ng vanette,- shared fan between radiator and 1st condenser. Worse, the distance between the radiator and 1st condenser is so tight.

May mga shops na nagre-relocate ng 1st condenser (the one sharing the same fan with the radiator). And then, they will install another aux fan for it.

I had mine (model 1998) modified 3 of years ago at ayos ang performance.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT
    yebo: Galing!

Ang dapat sigurong palitan ng blades ay iyong 'clutch fan',- dahil ito ang isang cause ng overheating and consequently, poor aircon performance ng vanette,- shared fan between radiator and 1st condenser. Worse, the distance between the radiator and 1st condenser is so tight.

May mga shops na nagre-relocate ng 1st condenser (the one sharing the same fan with the radiator). And then, they will install another aux fan for it.

I had mine (model 1998) modified 3 of years ago at ayos ang performance.
    hmmm...i dont understand how Nissan came up with such a poor design. somehow i also wonder why other vanettes have better A/C performance than mine even if they haven't done any modification. kase diba if the said van has poor A/C and cooling system, eh di sana lahat ng stock vanette nag-ooverheat and mahina ang A/C. tsaka sana ni-recall nalang ng Nissan ang production nito diba? I dont know...just a thought

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yebs,
    ikaw na ang A/C guru dito...hehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ravelcop
    hmmm...i dont understand how Nissan came up with such a poor design. somehow i also wonder why other vanettes have better A/C performance than mine even if they haven't done any modification. kase diba if the said van has poor A/C and cooling system, eh di sana lahat ng stock vanette nag-ooverheat and mahina ang A/C. tsaka sana ni-recall nalang ng Nissan ang production nito diba? I dont know...just a thought

I believe the vanette was designed for a cooler climate in mind. Along with cleaner (less dusty) environment too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ever heard of "Liquid Separator"