New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bakit andami kong nakikitang Galant na bumibigay ang front left suspension?

I just saw another one this morning... a 1994(?) Galant (the model before the sharper sharknose and just after the GTi series)... This brings to four the number of times I've seen this happen.

Is it the ball joints? I've heard a friend talk about having the ball joints re-manufactured, so is it poor repair? Is it just horrible owners?!? Wazzap!?! :confused:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    its because of the design of the front suspension its multi-link. The design has its pros and cons. In driving thru pot holes its great even when turning a sharp curve at high speed it really grips the road. Cons it can easily wear out and its very expensive to replace. Example the whole upper piece can cost around 6-7k the lower around 5-6k.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i think that the galant bilog is the worst galant among the gti/mpi look and shark look.. in terms of ride, performance and durability

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    So it's not just delinquent owners or mechanics, huh? Sayang pa naman. , it's a good-looking car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    mukang ganun na nga sir. yung vr namin alaga ko talaga sa pag-drive eh. dahan-dahan sa humps, iwas lubak, or kung di maiiwasan, dahan-dahan din. pero nagpalit na rin ako ng front lateral arms nya sir, both sides. nothing broke naman but the squeaks really annoyed me. so far , di pa uli nasira.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di lang po Galant ang may sakit sa ball joints, tie rods and front suspension parts karamihan ng Mitsubishi lineup yan ang karaniwang faulty part eversince.

Question about circa 1994 Galants...