New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002

May I remind you that when the PS pump gets dry this will cause its breakdown. You might want to exclude the PS fluid when flushing. As I know of, any ordinary ATF oils can be added to your PS reservoir.
    Pwede pa pag halu-haluin yung power steering fluid?
    pano po pag gusto kong gumamit ng synthetic power steering fluid? D ko din kailangan iflush? just add lang?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Like sa engine, if you use synthetics go all the way. Same goes to for mineral base PS fluids.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    so if there's really no problem w/ the steering wheel assembly and its fluid (no leaks), no flushing or replacing should be done? even if the psf is already dirty and if the psf has never been replaced in the car's entire lifetime?

i'm asking this because i'm planning to have my car's psf changed/replaced. btw, the car is an ek 96
    Last edited by baludoy; February 14th, 2008 at 11:00 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    We have an Altis, and according to the manual, we have to replace all fluids every 40,000 Km. It is now at almost 80,000.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    afaik, honda requires a specific PSF for their PS. better use it na lang just to be on the safe side.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    so if there's really no problem w/ the steering wheel assembly and its fluid (no leaks), no flushing or replacing should be done? even if the psf is already dirty and if the psf has never been replaced in the car's entire lifetime?

i'm asking this because i'm planning to have my car's psf changed/replaced. btw, the car is an ek 96

I'd recommend that you change your power steering fluid since it has never been changed, according to you. Your car is 12 years old already. Water vapor gets into it somehow and the fluid loses its viscosity over time....

5404:knit:

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    afaik, honda requires a specific PSF for their PS. better use it na lang just to be on the safe side.
    oo naman bro. i already bought an oem psf from the casa recently. i'm just having second thoughts on whether to have the old psf replaced/changed or just to top-up na lang. naka-sched na nga ako kanina pero pinostpone ko na lang muna para bukas

cvt: oo nga eh. i read some of the posts made earlier that's why i got cold feet. i had the procedure scheduled already for this morning sana but i decided to put it off. i will do it tomorrow morning na lang since i don't think it'll take that long anyway

btw, i've consulted the manual already and it all it says is to inspect after every service starting at 40000 kms

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yup, for hondas and some toyotas it's better to use their own specific psf.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
PS fluid