New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Currently i'm planning to have my cylinder heads ported and polished. Car is 95 Galant VR V6 BTW. I've read somewhere that its better to have the heads port matched or maintain near original port size as to avoid loss of HP in low-end because of less air flow turbulence and have a good HP curve through-out the RPM range but still I talked to a known engine tuner and said that it would be better to have it ported in stage 3 specs, meaning todo bore-out para di daw sayang ang porting job. Of course after the port work a good valvejob is next before having it re-installed. I do not usually go redline because of traffic, I can only do that in the NLEX/SLEX that why I don't want to loss the low end. So anyone, any experience bad/good? Thanks and more HP!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why not go the forced induction route instead?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why not go the forced induction route instead?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    6A12TT na yan!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Agree ako kay Auto_Xer mag forced induction ka na lang mas malaki ang gain nung forced induction...:D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung NA route ang choice mo, yup, youll gain power from PNP provided its done properly. PNP stages depends sa tuner mo..may stage 3 sa isang tuner, but sa iba stage 1 pa lang yon..so better go to a reliable shop or tuner para iwas sakit ulo.

ung sa old engine ko naka stage 2 PNP and 3 angle valve seats...ang laki ng na gain kong power..

my tuner is aerohead...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    go to a reputable tunner, btw do they have the setup to check air flow?, coz if not it's a hit or miss thing, . I would do forced induction first coz of the peso per hp gains, galing si auto_exer dyan,
    auto_exer sa banawe ka pa ba?, si Oliver to - audi_turbo dati.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Thanks for the replies guys! Actually I talked to a lot of people with this and most of them suggests that instead of port n polish, go with the forced induction route as Auto_Xer said. Right now i'm pooling my resources to do a 6A12T swap but I a bit intimidated. I talked to someone whose selling a half-cut of a 6A12T with auto trans. I don't know if the flywheel with fit from the FWD to the auto AWD. Any ideas? Also I want the engine to be at least overhauled to check its internals for any problems. Anyone knows how much its going to cost to have a 6A12T overhauled (labor and materials)? I'm still contemplating about the gas prices. Also what happened to clubmitsu? I wanted to join the club hopefully meet "The Black Widow" and its owner I think its Gssplaya or Carlos. Hopefully to ask "a lot" of questions about his car. Anyway, thanks for the ideas guys! More horsepower!!!

Problems after Port N Polish anyone?