New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Recently bought a generic brand car mat similar to 3M Nomad.

The smell of rubber is overpowering, amoy gulong yung loob ng kotse. I did a search on the internet and other people advised to air out the smell by exposing the mats in a well ventilated area. Any of you know of a faster process in removing the rubber smell?

I've aired out and rinsed the mats with water and after 3 days, the smell is still present.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I have one too. I bought it in Banawe for a little over 1k.

It smelled so bad I thought my it would stick to the car's interior! Binilad ko for 2 days straight. I'm not sure why yours still smell after 3 days of airing it out. Mawawala din yan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by watusi View Post
    Recently bought a generic brand car mat similar to 3M Nomad.

The smell of rubber is overpowering, amoy gulong yung loob ng kotse. I did a search on the internet and other people advised to air out the smell by exposing the mats in a well ventilated area. Any of you know of a faster process in removing the rubber smell?

I've aired out and rinsed the mats with water and after 3 days, the smell is still present.

No choice but to air it out. Exposing it to the heat of the sun can make it faster. Typical is a week or so for me.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by succubus View Post
    I have one too. I bought it in Banawe for a little over 1k.

It smelled so bad I thought my it would stick to the car's interior! Binilad ko for 2 days straight. I'm not sure why yours still smell after 3 days of airing it out. Mawawala din yan.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    No choice but to air it out. Exposing it to the heat of the sun can make it faster. Typical is a week or so for me.
    ok, thanks! good thing that it's summer
    Last edited by watusi; April 22nd, 2011 at 11:40 PM.