New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I have an BMW 02 316 (e46). I recently acquired and installed 2nd hand b&g springs. The front is perfect. The problem is the back. Since i have a full sounds set-up (subs and amps), the back is too low (presumably because of the weight of the sounds set-up). I want to raise it by about half an inch. There were suggestions to find a rubber stopper that i can place beneath the springs at the back to lift the back. I went to JP wheels in BF Homes. We tried putting the rubber stopper but it did not work because according the to mechanic, it "slips". Some suggested i use the stock springs and just cut a portion, but i was also warned against doing it because according to some, it was not safe to cut the springs. HELP!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I have an BMW 02 316 (e46). I recently acquired and installed 2nd hand b&g springs. The front is perfect. The problem is the back. Since i have a full sounds set-up (subs and amps), the back is too low (presumably because of the weight of the sounds set-up). I want to raise it by about half an inch. There were suggestions to find a rubber stopper that i can place beneath the springs at the back to lift the back. I went to JP wheels in BF Homes. We tried putting the rubber stopper but it did not work because according the to mechanic, it "slips". Some suggested i use the stock springs and just cut a portion, but i was also warned against doing it because according to some, it was not safe to cut the springs. HELP!
    what's the rear height kung stock springs lang? mataas naman masyado?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    yp. i think it would be too high if i maintain the stock rear springs

Problem re Lowering Springs