New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Our company L300FB ran out of oil the other day. So we need to have it overhauled. According to the driver, he checked the oil before using it. He said it ran out of oil because loose thread yung drain bolt and the oil drained out. I find it hard to belive. I think he just forgot to check the oil before driving. What do you think, is his story possible? Can the mechanic check if the drain bolt is really defective?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if the oil drained out because of a loose drain plug... shouldn't there be a large puddle of oil where the L300 was parked?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ^^^ Kung nakatakbo na siya, maaari din namang nasira yun along the way and sa daan tumagas.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Our company L300FB ran out of oil the other day. So we need to have it overhauled. According to the driver, he checked the oil before using it. He said it ran out of oil because loose thread yung drain bolt and the oil drained out. I find it hard to belive. I think he just forgot to check the oil before driving. What do you think, is his story possible? Can the mechanic check if the drain bolt is really defective?
    yung frontier ko dati nasira yung thread ng drain bolt. but there was no oil puddle underneath the vehicle before that happened. ang net effect lang niyan eh di mo na maibabalik ang drain plug bolt sa pan.

baka may ibang dahilan.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    if the oil drained out because of a loose drain plug... shouldn't there be a large puddle of oil where the L300 was parked?
    QUOTE=Kikkomann;700796]^^^ Kung nakatakbo na siya, maaari din namang nasira yun along the way and sa daan tumagas.[/QUOTE]

Yun nga very few drops of oil sa parking lot and its already dry. The L300 ran out of oil last monday.

The L300 was able to go from Lipa to manila and ran out of oil on the return trip to lipa, sa slex.

Another thing that bugs me is he did not see the warning light. Yun nga lang day off siya today so have to wait until tom to ask him about it.
    Last edited by userfriendly; November 22nd, 2006 at 03:57 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikkomann View Post
    ^^^ Kung nakatakbo na siya, maaari din namang nasira yun along the way and sa daan tumagas.
    if he is on the road, the oil warning light should light-up unless it is busted.

:jazzybass:

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    One more thing. Kung nag loose thread yung bolt, bakit ngayon na hindi naman ginagalaw. Due for oil change na at ilang months na since last oil change. So pwede bang magloose thread sa vibration lang ng makina?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I find it hard to believe.Why don't you put it up in the air and see it for yourself ,maybe the oil pan is damage from big rocks.check rear oil seal too.loose oil filter?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Finally found out that the driver knew that the plug was defective since Sept. He never mentioned it. He saw the warning light but was not able to pull over. So now I have a blown engine.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Finally found out that the driver knew that the plug was defective since Sept. He never mentioned it. He saw the warning light but was not able to pull over. So now I have a blown engine.
    get a new driver then....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Is this possible