New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    My Liteace (5K, 1500cc, carb, M/T, ~91000kms ODO) with 10 passengers on it went out of town and back to the city today. The only mod on it is a freeflow exhaust. The only part that underwent repair in the engine dept. is the carburretor.

As computed, Highway km/L is about 6 km/L (240kms of driving cost ~P1500). I think that's bad because that's the same figure that I always achieve in city driving. Halos kakapa-tune up ko pa lang nito, and I was expecting better mileage out of it. But the gas-guzzling case still remains. I use Velocity as my fuel because a mechanic recommended it for my engine.

Sa tingin nyo, talagang ganito na lang ba ang rate ng fuel consumption ng van ko? Or may magagawa pa ako dito? Kelangan na ba ng overhaul?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Check mo air filter mo,tsaka tire pressure mo,yun ang pinakabasic at pinakamadali mong magagawa. palinis mo fuel system mo.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Your van's weight, i would guess would be around 2400 lbs. plus 10 passengers (* 150 lbs each = 1500 lbs). That is 3900 lbs for a 1.5L 8-valve engine van. Sorry to inform you that you just overloaded your engine and 6 km/L is just about right, IMO.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    We used to have a Lite Ace as well. Yes, it's not that efficient in city driving, but highway figures are respectable. A drive to Baguio from Alabang (via Kennon Road) used at most 3/5 of the tank. That's around 30 liters. The distance was around 280 km. So computed, the consumption is at least 9.3333 km/li, not bad for an underpowered van. Obviously, the trip home is more efficient. By the way, there were 6 on board with some luggage of course.
    Last edited by squala; May 25th, 2005 at 10:52 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelparadigm
    My Liteace (5K, 1500cc, carb, M/T, ~91000kms ODO) with 10 passengers on it went out of town and back to the city today. The only mod on it is a freeflow exhaust. The only part that underwent repair in the engine dept. is the carburretor.

As computed, Highway km/L is about 6 km/L (240kms of driving cost ~P1500). I think that's bad because that's the same figure that I always achieve in city driving. Halos kakapa-tune up ko pa lang nito, and I was expecting better mileage out of it. But the gas-guzzling case still remains. I use Velocity as my fuel because a mechanic recommended it for my engine.

Sa tingin nyo, talagang ganito na lang ba ang rate ng fuel consumption ng van ko? Or may magagawa pa ako dito? Kelangan na ba ng overhaul?

I suggest you put back your stock muffler to get back some of the back pressure for improved torque.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    neh.eh youve got 10 people naman pala eh.i believe that it was a big factor.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    pre masyado kang mabigat

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Overloaded ka na, undersized na nga yung engine ng liteace tapos 10 passengers pa nakasakay. Kaya malakas gas consumption mo, hirap ang makina.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    we have a 1990 liteace before using the 5K engine, tama lang po yung fuel consumption ninyo dahil overloaded na kayo hehe..

pwede din mali yung air/fuel ratio nya, meron yata pinipihit near the carburator..

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    I see. I guess I was just expecting too much because it was recently fully tuned-up. Placebo effect?

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    I suggest you put back your stock muffler to get back some of the back pressure for improved torque.
    My mechanic recommended it because the 5K was really hopeless in the low rpms, considering it's carrying a huge and heavy chassis plus the drag coefficient. So I agreed that we put the power in the mid-rpms. It still has the sufficient torque in the low rpms, but the power in the mid rpms really feels different than before (70-100kph acceleration is better than ever). It also suits my driving style (heavy foot on the accelerator).

My mechanic did also recommend tuning the final drive ratio if I really want this to accelerate decently but the engine is already screaming by the time it hits 100kph. How much more if we loosen up the differential a bit more? I guess the Liteace will be always a slow and severely underpowered people carrier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Poor Gas Mileage