New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    [SIZE=3]Mga chiefs, I’d just like to ask kung po pwede ba ma-jam or whatever ang alarm ng kotse? Because I noticed that everytime I park on the same spot (sa engineering building kung saan may radio control tower-I have no choice kasi yon lang ang safe spot for parking without getting caught in the main thoroughfare) eh hindi ko ma arm o ma unlock ang sasakyan ko. But if I park in another spot, pwede naman. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]This has happened again today (I need to park on that spot kasi ibang route ang dinaanan ko para maiwasang mahuli sa coding) and it’s the second time that this has happened. Same problem on the same spot. Malapit din po siya sa may malaking generator.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Hindi ko na na nailock using the alarm kanina ginamitan ko na lang ng susi pero nag au auto arm kasi siya after 10 seconds so malaki ang possibility na pag binuksan ko ulit eh mag tri trigger na naman yung alarm.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Or coincidence lang kaya? I need some advise kasi problema ko na naman kung paano ko I u un-arm yung alarm pag binuksan ko yung kotse mamaya pag uuwi na ako. Eskandalo kasi yon pag maingay eh tabi ng mga classrooms yon at 2 weeks ago, nangyari yung eskandalong ganon at nag alarm siya kaya ang ginawa ko disconnect reconnect battery. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]May kailangan po bang gawin aside from disconnecting the alarm (which I really don't know how)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]TIA po ng marami. [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Hanren; August 23rd, 2007 at 08:24 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Wala bang Valet mode ang alarm mo? Or a toggle switch perhaps?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Wala bang Valet mode ang alarm mo? Or a toggle switch perhaps?
    Sir Galactus di ko rin sure kung meron yon...at kung saan makikita yon eh. Suspect ko nga baka may kaparehong radio frequency yung alarm na may gumagamit din eh.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanren
    [SIZE=3]Mga chiefs, I’d just like to ask kung po pwede ba ma-jam or whatever ang alarm ng kotse?[/SIZE]
    Yes.
    Your problem may be due to unintentional interference - but if it's intentional, it's jamming.

When you say radio control tower, are you refering to the antenna on top of the OH building? The OH penthouse used to be the shack of an amateur radio club, but AFAIK it's been inactive for the past decade or so. And I doubt if the interference is coming from the AM/FM station or power station. Even so, your alarm would have to be operating very near the other radio frequencies for it to be swamped by a stronger signal.

On the other hand, do you suspect anybody in the ECE dept. to have a grudge on you? All that person needs to know is the frequency your alarm works on. A small board and a couple of hours is enough to make a jamming transmitter

Or maybe it's just a coincidence. You may have an intermittent remote button, but you can easily rule this out with a test.

BTW, some alarm systems can be disarmed by switching the ignition key once you open the door.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    Yes.

When you say radio control tower, are you refering to the antenna on top of the OH building? The OH penthouse used to be the shack of an amateur radio club, but AFAIK it's been inactive for the past decade or so. And I doubt if the interference is coming from the AM/FM station or power station. Even so, your alarm would have to be operating very near the other radio frequencies for it to be swamped by a stronger signal.
    Yes..it's also near the guardhouse and I suspected that it has something to do with the OH building's radio club (but I also think the club is already extinct!) and even the DZWT AM radio station nearby. When I opened the car door yesterday (using the car key and not the keyless alarm, the alarm was again triggered and for a while, I knew I had to do something. I opened the hood, disconnected and reconnected the battery but the alarm still went on. OUt of desperation, I cut of the wire directly connected to the alarm speaker and drove off. After a few hundred meters (along bonifacio street), I parked on a curb, reconnected the alarm speaker, and tested the functions of the alarm. Viola, it was functioning again.

On the other hand, do you suspect anybody in the ECE dept. to have a grudge on you? All that person needs to know is the frequency your alarm works on. A small board and a couple of hours is enough to make a jamming transmitter
    So far I don't think someone has a grudge on me. Mabait ako at mataas ako magbigay ng grade lalo na sa mga engineering studes

Or maybe it's just a coincidence. You may have an intermittent remote button, but you can easily rule this out with a test.
    yes probably. I've also discounted the possibility na minumulto lang ako..

anyway, thanks a lot for the info. My last resort is not to park there anymore.

Try ko na lang sa Perfecto building but the risk of being seen and caught (coding violation) by a traffic cop is going to be bigger...hehehe

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    I strongly believe it has something to do with the station tower. my owner's manual warns to be aware of using the wireless remote control to unlock/lock the car. it says....

"If the wireless remote control key does not actuate the doors or alarm, or operate from a normal distance or if the indicator light on the key is dimmed or does not come on:
    * Check for cloeseness to a radio transmitter such as a radio station or an airport which can interfere with normal operation of the key.
    ..."

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I have experienced the same thing as it happens only at the parking lot in church and my alarm keyfob works elsewhere.

This is what I suggest and it works for me - touch the keyfob to your car's body and then press your lock/arm button.
    Do the same thing when unlocking/disarm.
    Make sure that you have new batteries so your keyfob can send a strong signal.

Please Help. Alarm is Jammed?