New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi to all fellow tsikotters!

I would like to ask some newbie questions and I would appreciate if someone can help me out.

I am planning to have a change oil plus change in timing belt.

BTW : My ride is a lancer bilog

Change oil with tune up
    plus timing belt

Questions please

1. What kind of oil is ok for my ride?
    2. What spark plugs and filter to use (brand name)?
    3. For the change in timing belt, I know I read somewhere but can't seem to remember it. That I ought to do some other things / maintenance aside from the change in timing belt.

I am planning to do the regular maintenance and any more inputs is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    1. Mineral oil will do as long as you replace your oil religiously. 6 months (some prefer 3 months, your call) or 5000 kms whichever comes 1st. If your engine does not have leaks, and you want the best, go with full synthetic oil. Just make sure that the oil you use is the correct viscosity and rating. Check your manual. Although, I suspect that any current oil will exceed your cars needs.

Brands, mineral: Caltex, Shell etc... , Synthetic: Motul, Mobil 1, Shell, Havoline Energy, Royal Purple ....

2. Spark plugs check your manual on what it recommends. Buy plugs that have the correct size and heat range. Denso and NGK are commonly used. Filter, I assume oil, air and fuel filter, buy Vic just be wary of fakes.

3. Change timing belt, water pump, idler pulley (yata) and oil seal.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    timing belt, tensioner bearing, waterpump, crank and cam seal.

do it together to save money in the long run.

Please give some inputs, newbie