New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    The chevy astro is no longer in production and this one is already very very old. it is one of those cute little mini-van that have a huge powerplant inside the hood. i have this project in mind where i would like to modernize its exterior look. more like facelifting it with another brand. this one is really a crazy idea of mine and i would like to get feedback if its rice or not?

this one is a bare astro. and you can barely see them plying the streets. most of them are the starcraft edition but i prefer the conventional LS/LT variant.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    and here is a dressed up astro :

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    and with some conversion up front, i would like to take out the old headlight, grille and brackets and put in a cadillac escalade headlight and grille. it is an exact fit and just a minor cutting on the grille. plus some welding job to put in the new headlight/grille brackets.

of course, i will remove the cadillac badge and put the chevy badge instead.

what do you think, is it ricey?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    starcraft?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    no sir... the starcraft edition wouldnt look good on this... i think.... im referring to its LS/LT variant with a model year 1994 and below.... the 80's and the early 90's looks exactly the same.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by abort_retry
    and with some conversion up front, i would like to take out the old headlight, grille and brackets and put in a cadillac escalade headlight and grille. it is an exact fit and just a minor cutting on the grille. plus some welding job to put in the new headlight/grille brackets.

of course, i will remove the cadillac badge and put the chevy badge instead.

what do you think, is it ricey?
    ganda!!! i hope you can make it possible.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yes ok naman sya looks good ala escalade

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    my brother says its baduy..... but my taste says its good... you think i should go for it? it should cost me more or less $300 for the escalade headlight on ebay plus shipping here in the philippines. for the grilles and brackets, i can have it done here for a cheap price.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    if that's what makes you happy then go for it. ganda naman tingnan eh.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    jst dont put stickers, neons hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Pimping a Chevy Astro