New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007

first what is that belt?
    second Do i need to replace it?
    third how much kaya ang ganitong belts if ever irereplace? wala pa naman probs pero baka in the future magkaron diba...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's hard to tell. what is that hairy-looking thing in the middle to the right of the belt? is it the belt fraying, or something caught in the wheel, or something else?

if the belt is fraying, replace it immediately. you also cant tell if the belt is still good from the pic unless you are able to see and inspect every inch of it.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    its from the belt sir... not a hair, kasi part siya nung belt, nung hinawakan ko nga medyo natanggal i mean is lalong lumaki, so i can guarantee na hindi iyo sumabit, but it is a part of the belt....

ano tawag sa belt na ito ngaun since kelngan ito ma replace kagad?? plus, mga magkano kaya ito? and san kaya pwede paaus ito?? pwede rin diy ito??

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    alternator belt sya...

Hindi na ba kita yung sukat/code nya? Kung di na, tanggalin nyo na lang po, then dalhin nyo sa auto supply para may sample ka. Kayang-kaya i-DIY, provided you have the right tools and you know what you're doing.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    sna po makikita ung sinasabi nyo na sukat/code?? sa belt po ba mismo??

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The way to test belts is to put pressure perpendicular to it and see how much flexing it has vertically along that line. If the belts are tight enough, good, but check the teeth and make sure they don't show signs of cracking. If they do palitan mo na and do all the belts at once because chances are they were installed all at the same time and have similar rates of wear so if one is bad, chances are the others will go bad soon.

Dalhin mo na sa talyer or casa, unless you know your car in and out and can DIY it easily. If you have the serpentine belt isang malaking belt lang yon and you'll need to adjust the tensioner/idler. If you have the V-belt type you'll have to adjust the tensioner for each belt. Usually the alternator has its own adjustment, and so does the power steering pump and AC compressor. So if you see, tatlong beses mo sila i-adjust.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by X-isle View Post
    sna po makikita ung sinasabi nyo na sukat/code?? sa belt po ba mismo??
    printed yon bro sa mismong belt.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Dalhin mo na lang sa talyer sila ng bahalang magtanggal, ikaw na lang bumili sa labas.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The short belts (alternator, aircon compressor) typically cost 200-250 pesos each. The longer one for the PS pump cost more around 400 pesos ata. When you buy, itago mo yung cardboard nung belt for future reference. The belt specs are printed there. Labor to change all 3 belts should be around 250. HTH.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Here's what I found for a '94 Corolla but double check the sizes

http://catalog.autohausaz.com/autoha...&part=V%20Belt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Picture inside... Ano tingin nyo sa status nung belts nito?