New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Good day people.

Would anyone have an idea of how much either of the 2 engines cost? Including transmission po and how much it would cost to install in a b13 sentra?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From the top of my mind, you'll be spending much more then the value of your car itself... plus it's hard to find the parts. NMPI had a brand new engine in up for sale some time ago for less than 100K, you can try looking it up.

If you ask me, going the SR20DE or SR20DET route is more practical. ;)

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    thanks vinj. Yup, I'm saving up for an engine swap right now. I had the SR20DE in mind for sometime now. A cousin from overseas suggested the SR16VE kasi mas mataas power output in stock form (175-178Hp daw).

Anyway, pardon the ignorance pero what's NMPI? san ito? thanks again

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Ay, mali. pasensya. Ito ba yung SR16VE na benta for 60k sometime last year? yung makina lang?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    NMPI... Nissan Motors Philippines Inc.

It was Nissan itself that brought the SR16VE in. They wanted to use it in local motorsports, but that fizzled.

Yes, the SR16VE is a nice, high-powered motor, but a well set-up SR20DE will give you more than enough power to hang with Hondas in everything except a drag race... and an SR20DET swap will make it hard for them to keep up.

My take? Go the cheaper route, get the SR20DE, work on your brakes, your tires and your suspension first, learn to drive it that way safely, then decide if you want or need the extra power or headaches. A swap is no joke, and even the simplest one (the SR20DE) has its share of issues. Once you've got that working perfectly, then decide if you want to go through more of that by going SR20DET or if you'd be satisfied getting a "mere" 170-190 hp by simply turbocharging the SR20DE.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Sr16ve/sr16ve N1