New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    To carb guru's,
    Gusto ko kasing i-DIY ang overhaul ng carb ng car ko.
    Please help po doon sa step-by-step na gagawin saka yung
    mga kailangan. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1st is to determine whether talaga bang dapat mong i-overhaul ang carb mo....from my experience DON'T OPEN IT UNNECESSARILY.....

How do you know this?! you might ask....well the easiest fix for typical "carb problem" is the famous CARBURATOR CLEANER.

Get one first! And spray clean your carb....most of the time, bago mo pa maubos ang isang canister nito ay running smoothly na ang oto mo.

Post again if you have done this and you still experience some problem.

REMEMBER: Don't unscrew your CARB muna!!! The most you would be doing when cleaning it is to remove the air filter and it housing para mas visible ang carb assembly.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    I agree with wildthing,julian.Kase once you open your carb and pina overhaul mag iiba na timpla nyan.At first smooth pa yan pro pagtagal rough na palagi ang idling and sasakit lang ang ulo mo ka pa pa-tune up,:D

Clean it first with a carb cleaner or punta ka sa petron service center pa linis mo sha using LUBRITOP.Ito kse ginagawa ng mekaniko ng oto ko pag rough na ang idling.Or kung talaga rough pren ang idling and wala pren nangyayari...Have your carb replaced nlg..You can find a good one at surplus shops sa banawe or bangkal.Pro kng gusto mo makasigurado buy a new one...Gaganda pa ang fuel consumption mo and hatak :wink:

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    I agree with wildthing,julian.Kase once you open your carb and pina overhaul mag iiba na timpla nyan.At first smooth pa yan pro pagtagal rough na palagi ang idling and sasakit lang ang ulo mo ka pa pa-tune up,:D

Clean it first with a carb cleaner or punta ka sa petron service center pa linis mo sha using LUBRITOP.Ito kse ginagawa ng mekaniko ng oto ko pag rough na ang idling.Or kung talaga rough pren ang idling and wala pren nangyayari...Have your carb replaced nlg..You can find a good one at surplus shops sa banawe or bangkal.Pro kng gusto mo makasigurado buy a new one...Gaganda pa ang fuel consumption mo and hatak :wink:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They are right? Whats ur reason for the overhauling of the carb? if there are no signs of any leak or serious defect, then there is no need of overhauling it... Carbs maybe seem easy as it looks, but definitely there's a lot of things to consider in it...

For starters, just use a carb cleaner such as STP.

First just check if there any leaks, spray the surrounding of the carb itself (engine is off and filters/air box is removed)... let it stay there for a few minutes to dilute any dirt or oil markings...

After 5 minutes start the engine, then slowly spray the internal part of the carb... just spray little amounts para wag malunod yung carb... no need to rev it up.. the best way to clean it is at normal idle... though kung talgang gummy ang loob, rev it little by little, but not too hard...

Then check again the surrounding of the carb for any signs of leak... on the side note, be cautious on spraying carb cleaners, they may damage your paint job...

(procedures courtesy of Dragrazzor of NB)...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW Try to wear eye protection, I accidentally sprayed some to my eyes and I had minor chemical burns sa mata....buti na lang konti.....it could have been worst.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    thanks for your advise. actually, i'm experiencing idling problem. pag nag-high rev ako, minsan nag-i-stucked up.kailangan pang biglang i-press yung accelerator para bumalik sa dating idle setting. sabi ng mekaniko palitan daw accelerator cable, pero nung tiningnan ko, ok pa naman. Nevertheless, nag try akong dagdagan ng spring sa cable, pero ganun pa rin behaviour nya. Just asked my friend, sabi try ko daw ilubricate yung springs, baka may sumasabit na. Ano pa kaya puwedeng cause, in case di nagbago after doing all this? Thanks again.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Madumi ang carb! This is one of those symptoms where in the carb cleaner can help in dissolving the dirt and deposits sa may area ng accelerator axle (springs and the axle)....don't open the carb and spray the carb cleaner until physically malinis. Some WD40 can also help. The lubrication of the cable lining (inside ha) would do good too. I use grease to coat the cablelining and reinsert it to the cable housing.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    dudes, have solved the idling problem of my car! Gumamit ako ng carb cleaner and cleaned in and out of the carb. Then I sprayed wd-40 on the
    moving parts. now, my engine idle is performing normal. thanks for your advice.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sabi syo e....no need to open ang carb (almost NEVER OPEN)....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Overhaul ng Carburador