New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Anyone here can comment on the repair estimate provided to me by the casa for the remove and replacement of new bumper?

New Bumper - 21,535Ph
    Labor - 6776Ph
    TOTAL: 28,311Ph

The car is brand new and under warranty so the insurance will shoulder the cost. The casa assessor suggested to replace the damage bumper with new one instead of repair it. For me it is okay, though there is a small amount of participation but the thing that bothers me is the cost estimate.

IMO it is way to expensive. Is the bumper really cost that much? Including the labor? Or they over price it knowing the casa will shoulder it?

What do you think guys??

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    That's normal, cheap even. Last time I had to claim mine was at 40K just for fixing the front bumper.

If you want it cheap you can scout elsewhere, pero covered na ng insurance and maliit lang participation compared to getting it elsewhere - sayang yung binabayaran mong insurance premium annually if you won't use it. Just my .02.

A bit of a tip though not applicable to all: ba't mas mahal? Porsye-porsyento lang yan between A and B... hehe read between the lines na lang. ;-)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    28k?

Casa pricing is really expensive... but you're getting a brand new bumper, with paint and installation. Ten years ago, I paid 25k pesos through insurance to have Nissan bang a dent out of a door (it was supposed to be a brand new door, but when we got it back, the door skin was noticeably wavy! What a crap job!).

Anyway, like batangraon says... you're paying your insurance premium so you won't have to pay for it yourself. You can get the old bumper repaired cheaper than the participation fee outside, but the repair won't look as nice or be as durable as a brand new bumper.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    As long as you get the ok from the insurance company, don't sweat it. Mahal talaga ang casa. However, since your car is new, wala pang depreciation yan. Participation mo will be a fixed amount anywhere you go.

Over Priced Mazda 3  Bumper from Casa??