New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    pwede lagay ang castrol magnatec sa revo diesel engine?
    okey ba siya for its price?

ok naman, alam ko isa sa murang synthetic na mabibili yan.. reddish kung nakalagay na sa makina-->yun ang nakikita ko sa maxima ko,e..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    hindi sya synthetic. it's just a semi syn mix.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I think ok lang yan. the issue with 10ws is they can get easily eaten by diesel engine compared to 15w's, if the engine is not in good condition.

been using it on our 2.2TD van. puwede diesel or gas.

though the oil looks thin, looks like water, but it's actually just lighter.

in my case, oil level reading will be lower if I check it in just 6 hours after use. I need atleast 10 to make the oil settle down.
    Last edited by rion; May 27th, 2007 at 12:37 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    meron akong nabasang article just a few minutes ago na isang article sa internet, site nya yata is carbibles.com, basta about oil additives yung article, sa last part ng article, merong discussion about castrol magnatec..........na ngayon ay pinull-out na sa us market

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gaboy View Post
    meron akong nabasang article just a few minutes ago na isang article sa internet, site nya yata is carbibles.com, basta about oil additives yung article, sa last part ng article, merong discussion about castrol magnatec..........na ngayon ay pinull-out na sa us market
    yhap, for many years they cant release magnatec in the us and canada, although its been selling here in asia for many years already. castrol is afraid of being sued because of magnatecs claim that the oil bonds with the metal. i guess they cant substantiate that in court or they just dont want to go through the trouble. but that shows us that they are not fully confident about their claim.

eventually, they did release it there but under a different name: syntec

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ^^^ But I've seen Castrol Magnatecs being sold here locally as Magnatec. As a matter of fact, I've been using it for a year now, on my Sentra & Accord. Haven't seen the Syntec brand though.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    ^^^ But I've seen Castrol Magnatecs being sold here locally as Magnatec. As a matter of fact, I've been using it for a year now, on my Sentra & Accord. Haven't seen the Syntec brand though.
    are you in the usa?

i just checked castrol usa website and they dont have magnatec. they do carry syntec. "start up" pala yata ang equivalent ng magnatec there not syntec, but apparently it has been discontinued.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    My bad. Dito po ako QC. Akala ko kasi yung Syntec ang nandito sa Pinas

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    So far oks naman gamitin, naging hiyang naman sa oto ko. And it's one of the affordable semi-syn oil in the market. Availabilities are abundant too, kahit sa mga auto supplies nagcacarry narin sila unlike few years ago na hirap maghanap.

Regarding Syntec, if I'm not mistaken, it's a fully-syn and not the counterpart of Magnatec.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
ok b castrol magnatec...