New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    hi guys,

im just a newbie in the mechanics of car.i went to petron shop offering free inspection on the underchassis.i had been grieving on my frontal suspension part or transmission or absorber.it happened after i accidentally rolled through a set of deep holes.at smooth road, my car seems to move perfectly and smoothly but in some bumps when i dont do it super smooth, i feel and hear some "squeaking" noise in front.i feel that it has something to do with my shock absorber...im not sure though..
    the diagnosis of the petron boys are oil leaks coming from the crankshaft/camshaft, tie rod loose at both ends, rack end problem..
    now these are their estimations:

* labor for suspension?
    replace tie rod : 320
    replace rack end:320
    wheel alignment:450

*materials for suspension?(not original daw)
    tie rod : 3250
    rack end:3770

*labor for oil leak
    pull down transmission:1800
    *materials
    crankshaft oil seal:1014
    camshaft oil seal:975

he also added these :
    timing belt(orig):4940
    tensioner:2145

1. i'm just a newbie here.please comments
    if the estimations are reasonable or if you have a
    recommended shop near quezon city or fairview
    or nearby cities...
    2. i'm not sure if my timing belt was changed by the previous owner.
    how will i know when to change it?
    3. how much does a preventive maintenance costs?

my auto specs: 95hondacivicesi/91,000km/MT

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    bro, dalhin mo na lang sa ZEE sa aurora blvd. look for mang toti. mabait yun. mas mura aabutin nung sayo. yung sa akin, halos pareho ng sayo, 3.5K petot lang lahat.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aceshark
    bro, dalhin mo na lang sa ZEE sa aurora blvd. look for mang toti. mabait yun. mas mura aabutin nung sayo. yung sa akin, halos pareho ng sayo, 3.5K petot lang lahat.
    kasama na ba parts dun?
    san parte?tel no? or office hourS?

thanks!

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    sobrang mahal singil sa yo, just look for another shop and better change the timing belt. huwag ka ng bumalik sa petron shop na yan

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ganun ba?cgur0 ginugulangan ako kasi alam nila newbie ako..haaay buti na lng..actually naaasar nga ako deep inside kc obvious na they are after the money.kung ano ano pananakot at paninira regarding the condition of my car na talagang explicitly na pinapakita yung mga diagnosis nila..buti na lng d ako nadala..
    baka nman may alam kau na shop?

thanks!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    nga pala, na basa ko regarding sa CRUVEN injectable system for suspensions...is this advisable on the long term?how does it compare sa pricing at labor ng replacement?
    ask ko na rin san maganda bumili ng suspension parts?yung honda may promo sila malaki discount up to 75%

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ZEE and Cruven use the same systems. Sa Cruven ko dinala yung Pajero Field Master for suspension work dati kasi mas malaki space dun. Satisfied naman ako. But take note, hindi ako nag-parefill ng shocks. I bought my own new shocks and they installed for me. Sulit naman ang price, labor is reasonable.

For medium to big mechanical works (in your case, the T-belt and oil leak), I bring my rig to Class-A Motorcraft in Banawe. It is beside Equipt and near North Park near the corner of Retiro. But you have to be early (7 am). Otherwise, mamumuti na mata mo dahil sobrang dami ng nagpapagawa dun.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    ZEE and Cruven use the same systems. Sa Cruven ko dinala yung Pajero Field Master for suspension work dati kasi mas malaki space dun. Satisfied naman ako. But take note, hindi ako nag-parefill ng shocks. I bought my own new shocks and they installed for me. Sulit naman ang price, labor is reasonable.

For medium to big mechanical works (in your case, the T-belt and oil leak), I bring my rig to Class-A Motorcraft in Banawe. It is beside Equipt and near North Park near the corner of Retiro. But you have to be early (7 am). Otherwise, mamumuti na mata mo dahil sobrang dami ng nagpapagawa dun.

thanks for the info..
    sir, do u have any idea kung magkano yung papalitan ko yung crankshat/camshaft oil seals kasama na labor at materials kc sobrang bilis maubos ng engine oil ko...kanina tanghali nasa between nung max at min tapos nilagyan ko hanggang sa max..ngayon below kalahati na lng....
    thanks!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry, hindi pa kasi ako nagpapalit niyan. The best thing to do is pa-check mo ulit (e.g. sa Class-A), para maconfirm na yun nga ang problema.

Another favored shop here at Tsikot is Speedyfix. Maybe the other posters can chime in with the address and number of the shop. Or you could PM Migs (aka speedyfix). Tsikoteer naman siya.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    comments in caps....

Quote Originally Posted by mazerom
    hi guys,

im just a newbie in the mechanics of car.i went to petron shop offering free inspection on the underchassis.i had been grieving on my frontal suspension part or transmission or absorber.it happened after i accidentally rolled through a set of deep holes.at smooth road, my car seems to move perfectly and smoothly but in some bumps when i dont do it super smooth, i feel and hear some "squeaking" noise in front.i feel that it has something to do with my shock absorber...im not sure though..
    the diagnosis of the petron boys are oil leaks coming from the crankshaft/camshaft, tie rod loose at both ends, rack end problem..
    now these are their estimations:

* labor for suspension?
    replace tie rod : 320
    replace rack end:320
    wheel alignment:450

*materials for suspension?(not original daw)
    tie rod : 3250 (ARE THEY CRAZY?? SUPER MAHAL NITO FOR REPLACEMENT PARTS)
    rack end:3770 (DITTO)

*labor for oil leak
    pull down transmission:1800 (LABOR IN THE SHOP IS 1500)
    *materials
    crankshaft oil seal:1014 (BIG OR SMALL?)
    camshaft oil seal:975 (MAHAL!)

he also added these :
    timing belt(orig):4940 (BILI KA SA HONDA IT'S PROBABLY 1500-1700 LANG)
    tensioner:2145 (GET A REPLACEMENT TENSIONER, NOT MORE THAN 1K)

1. i'm just a newbie here.please comments
    if the estimations are reasonable or if you have a
    recommended shop near quezon city or fairview
    or nearby cities...
    2. i'm not sure if my timing belt was changed by the previous owner.
    how will i know when to change it?
    3. how much does a preventive maintenance costs?

my auto specs: 95hondacivicesi/91,000km/MT
    they're trying to pull a fast one on you... ingat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
oil leak found, diagnosis / estimation repair: crankshaft / camshaft seals,tie rods